Shaved engine bays, anyone?

Damn that white one is a sick looking motherfucker. I don't think it's possible to get a Z31 that clean with a VG though.
    Feedback- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19840

OK85ZX wrote: I've been working on plans for building a new harness for a while. It may be a large task but given the things that can be done with it, I consider it a worthwhile project (and in most cases a better solution than adding 25+ solder joints to extend old/hard wiring). Those mil connectors are sick and I would love to use them myself for the firewall connection… but I don't know anyone who has the crimpers needed and I don't plan on spending $150+ on connector crimpers.

as jn1cz said, there are a few wires that run through ugly places regardless of a fender tuck or not… the only way to combat this sometimes is to move the location of the wire destination… like the relay box, etc.
    Right on. It may be a pain, but it'll be a learning process. I intend to relocate whatever I can out of the engine bay.... battery, relay box, etc. At least by making a custom harness, I'll have the right length wires to tuck away in the right places, with the right connectors. I'm also using a VH45 engine instead of the stock VG, so this has to happen.
    My Project '88 Z31 To Do List:
    S13 rear subframe,
    '91 Q45 R200 diff,
    '91 Infiniti VH45DE,
    Z33 6-speed transmission
    Custom wire harness

Do you have the VH yet or are day dreaming?

vagabond wrote: Do you have the VH yet or are day dreaming?
    +1

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

vagabond wrote: Do you have the VH yet or are day dreaming?
    I used to dream about it, but it's now becoming a reality. I started it in '05, slowly acquiring stuff as I've been able to afford it. I already have the VH torn down. I took it from a '90 Q45. I also know someone who has completed the swap, but I'm taking it a couple of steps further.
    My Project '88 Z31 To Do List:
    S13 rear subframe,
    '91 Q45 R200 diff,
    '91 Infiniti VH45DE,
    Z33 6-speed transmission
    Custom wire harness

im trying to get a wire schematic drawn up for the engine bay i really like the look of that mil connector though you could clean up an engine bay really nice with one of those. i think that if someone took the time they could make a VG as clean as the wolfsburg jetta. its just what level you wish to mod to.
    Fullerton college auto
    1984 GLL NA
    http://www.300zxgarage.com/index.php…age__tab__main