Manual windows

• Manual windows

I want to ditch the power windows in favor for manual windows, my first thought was a 280 but I figure a better answer would come from here. Were they even available from the factory?

SF trim models in Canada supposedly had them
    http://www.xenonzcar.com/z31/modeldifferences.html

I looked into this just out of curiosity a while back - I thought manual windows would be neat.. Apparently the SF was offered for special order in response to some legal requirements in Canada (people believing they would be trapped in their cars if they plunged into a river.) There is photo evidence that some were built and sold, but I have never seen one or talked to anyone in Canada who has. Anyway, when I looked into this, the z31 manual regulators are long since NLA and then you still have the door cards and door pulls being all wrong. You're getting into a custom interior job even if you can junkyard up some manual regulators from another vehicle. But hey, anything's possible with enough money

I'm not going to make something work, that's a waste of time. If it isn't easy then i'll have to make the stockers work. I am in Wa state and am trying to find a salvage yard in Canada, cause I want the manual windows and as of a few hours ago the roof from a sf.

Does anyone know of a Nissan salvage yard in Canada?

They are extremely rare and with the way rust is on z31s up here I'm sure most have been parted out and crushed. I've owned one, my grandma owned one when I was younger, and I've seen one other one so they do exist. Even if you were to find one I doubt all the bits and pieces would be in good condition or match the colour of your car. Mine sucked because the retaining clip didn't hold the handles on and they would pop off ever bump you hit.

I've seen member pictures of maybe 2 or so,ever.... there ARE a few slick top models around the us though.
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

I'll forgo the power windows if I can get rid of the leaky heavy T-tops! Unfortunately I don't know anyone good at bodywork! I am going to get a door from my fav salvage yard and see if I can convert the power window assy to manual. Maybee I should weight the motor first and see if I'm wasting time.

i can say for 100% that the Canadian SF model can be had with manual windows. i had one as a parts car.. here are some pics of the drivers door..

and

Kevin
    ---------------------------------------
    1986 NA 5sp - Bone stock, but in good shape

Well if you run into another SF for parts snag the regulators and windows! I'm just outside of seattle if you in the Van area or nearby, I could come up and get them once we figure out a price