Autopower Roll Cage

• Autopower Roll Cage

Putting the last pieces of the puzzle into the car. Looking at something simple and effective. Autopower bolt in race roll bar. Has hoop, harness bar and a cross brace. Wondering if anyone had any pics of it installed? Anyone recommend this over other roll bars? Not really looking to tear the car down to weld something in and would rather just do bolt in as it should serve the same result.

Looking at this for reference (see link). Will the cross brace get in the way of anything? Will passenger seat be able to be pushed all the way back? Thinking about getting an optional bolt in for that cross brace just in case and when city cruising there would be more visibility (probably doesn't make that big of a difference I guess).
    Automotive Racing Safety Equipment and Supplies
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

Pretty sure adamvann3 has experience with an Autopower bar. Cusco also makes a similar version, but experience on it seems limited too. Going custom would probably be the most cost-effective if you have a competent builder nearby.
    '86 300ZXT GLL
    '78 Datsun 280Z BP
    '11 Saab 9-3 Aero XWD

I have this in the Shiro

Thoughts
    -- Hoop fits in nice and tight to everything with full interior. The bolt in piece is pretty easy, granted you still need to tear apart your interior to get the interior pieces off the wheel wells (enjoy that puzzle). I found that cutting the trim pieces with dremmel and using door edging provided a nice clean look. Ensure there are no 90* cuts and heat up the door edging when putting it on --- hell you can just come over and we can do it at my place.

My bar did not come with harness portion so I had one welded in. It is not offset like the picture --- which I had no issues with OEM shiro Recaro. You could sit comfortably with no restrictions to the drop bar or the harness bar. If anything my setup would be more restricting --- pics below will show

The finish from autopower is pretty terrible. I would plan on getting it powder coated. It also does not come with hardware. Welds are functional but not super pretty -- hence the wrinkle finish powder coat.

Thrilled on how this turned out

Last edited by adamvann3; 03-01-2017, 10:50 AM.
    86na - BlueZ
    Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
    85t - Mr Tickles