I have a half inch gap and it looks like rain!

• I have a half inch gap and it looks like rain!

As some of you know, my drivers side window motor cacked it a few weeks back. Well, today my passenger window decided that when it goes up, it stops about half an inch short of the door lining, regardless of whether it's open or closed when pressing the button. It's an overcast night, and i'm worried about rain. It'd pretty much welcome itself all over my seat and floor if it rains, so i'm wondering what's going on. The motor functions fine other than it's peak of height problem. Any suggestions? Perhaps something fell into the door and is obstucting the last bit of height?

have you tried manually pulling the window up. i had power assisted manual windows in my 88. lol

I haven't looked at the Z windows having never had a problem with mine, but on my subie when I had to replace the passenger side power window it had a little bit of adjust-ability where it bolted to the assembly that moved it up and down. If that came loose it could've just slid down and cause this. Of course that's if the Z's have similar adjustment capabilities.
    1984 NA to T Digi-Dash, Morgan's Cam Gears @ -3, Team Green Air Filter, Top Mount Intercooler, Turbo XS Boost Controller, Greddy Type RS BOV, CM 3" Down Pipe, NGK Iridium Spark Plugs, and Maxima E-Fans.

1984 NA 2+2 - New Project Solid Axle Rear - Former Best 1/4 mile 13.452 @105.77mph.

I think that must be what happened. At the moment i'm duct taping it, what a nuisance.

I don't have power assisted manual windows… well not that I know of.. only button operated. no handles. darn.

You cant manually pull these up?
    Take the door panel off you will see how everything works.
    There are stops you can adjust.

Edit: Did you see this from your last post on this issue?

http://z31performance.com/forum/vie … =4&t=11543
    Selling left over z31 parts from an 85.

i dont have handles either. i was meaning i have to grab my window while pressing the button to get the up.

i had the same prob with my car on the day i bought it. the window motor had crapped out and i just pressed the button and pulled just like 300cars said. if not take the panel off and see what happend
    derrick 719
    88 300zxt 2+2 gll
    65 datsun 1600 roaster
    69 datsun 1000 deluxe 2 door
    70 mazda b1800

When I press the window up or down, about half way through, it bucks and jumps quite rapidly, as if stuck on something in the window frame.. i think i'm just going to have to get the auto to look at it when i take it in regarding my drivers side busted motor…