How to flock your interior

• How to flock your interior

Blue dash got you...."blue"? Worn out center console? That's right. Your interior looks like ASS.
    "But black interior is like $1300."
    NO PROBLEM. Just cover everything with FLOCK! It's super easy, comes in many colors, and it's cheap!

-There are different grades of flock, some of which do not hold up well to the elements. I used the Suede-Tex stuff. Supposedly, it's what people use on fishing pole handgrips.

Items needed:
    -Flocking Kit(s) (flock, glue, flock shooter tube thing)
    -Old bedsheet, clean
    -High tempo music like Drum N Bass, Dragonforce, etc.

1. Remove item to be flocked, clean and mask off any areas you don't want to get glue/flock on.
    2. Place on bedsheet. You can re-use the flock that doesn't stick. If you want to save it, you can't let any debris get on the sheet.from here on out,
    3. Turn music on.
    4. Apply glue. Get a nice wet coat on there, especially on edges. Very Important: The glue only has a working time of 10 minutes. This means that if you are doing a big part, like the dash, you will need help and a good plan of attack before you start. Each person should cover 2 sqft MAX and have their own glue roller or brush and flock shooter.
    5. Flock. A 1lb bag will cover a dash and entire center console. Pump your shooter(s) and blast the flock into the glue. Lay it on real thick, it doesn't hurt. When in doubt, put more. Be prepared to reload. My hand is getting tired! HURRY.
    6. Marvel at what you've created. DO NOT TOUCH!
    It takes 1 week to fully cure. During this time, any kids in the area WILL pet it and ruin it. If somebody does touch it, you might as well throw it away.
    sigpic

Wicked wright up man, I might just do my whole interior in this stuff.
    1uz Swapped, lowered, flaked out '86 z31
    '72 Datsun 510 4dr, ka24de-T, slammed resto mod
    '84 z31 turbo, coils, wheels a.k.a the gfs weekend car
    '86 na2t parts for now a.k.a eventually will get running with a/c daily
    '83 280zx project backburner a.k.a ls turbo drag car one day
    Custom vg30et tube chassis drift exocet project

I've thought about doing that to a molded dash cover.

Soooo, this will give you a suede like look and feel? Without spending the fortune? The rally guys do this, correct?

Butter wrote: During this time, any kids in the area WILL pet it and ruin it. If somebody does touch it, you might as well throw it away.
    Speaking from personal experience?

hey Butter where did you get the flocking stuff from? I might go ahead and flock some stuff before the 370z rally.

Thanks,
    Cam

sigpic

badboyz31 wrote: hey Butter where did you get the flocking stuff from? I might go ahead and flock some stuff before the 370z rally.

Thanks,
    Cam
    The hell you will…
    Feedback- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19840

ordered the stuff today -- I will try this on my dash and post pics once I get it.
    dash can't be "flocked" any worse than it is now.

yes that was a bad joke but I had to.
    1988 300zx na2t-K27-450 sel injectors-megasquirt-homemade intake and headers
    1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (not worth the repair bills)
    1985 Fiero GT -- 3.4 litre 5-speed
    1995 Chevy G30 Supercargo
    1989 Ford Mustang GT -- 347 stroker,AFR heads,780 holley,summit intake.1 7/8 stainless headers, reverse manual fmx-- 10.01 1/4, 9's this year!!!
    1950 nash statesman
    1950 nash ambassador
    my avatar will eat your avatar!

[quote]floridaZ wrote:
    Originally posted by badboyz31
    hey Butter where did you get the flocking stuff from? I might go ahead and flock some stuff before the 370z rally.

Thanks,
    CamThe hell you will…
    Josh I can do it if I want and do you realize I have tones of extra interior stuff(two complete ones, a crappy and a good one, so I would believe to use the crappy one duh) , use sense before you tell me I can no do something, beside don't tell me I can't do it anyways its my damn car, punk. :nanan?re

i actually might try this…i was wondering how you did your int…thanks…

and i take it you used the tube one instead of the air assisted one right(the actuall flockers)

1988 570zx SS Edition

Originally posted by Neil86t
    Just get a slick paint job like mine and its all good. I had a girl that said she wanted to lick my car. She ended up licking my sack…end of story. Bitch ain't gonna lick my car.

Butter wrote: Blue dash got you...."blue"? Worn out center console? That's right. Your interior looks like ASS.
    "But black interior is like $1300."
    NO PROBLEM. Just cover everything with FLOCK! It's super easy, comes in many colors, and it's cheap!

This actually looks awesome! Nice work I may consider doing this if I end up not having a hand sewn leather dash assembled for my car.

1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo (Budget Supercar)
    1987 Nissan 200SX SE (Old School FR)
    1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R (Balls To The Wall Track Car)
    2000 Nissan Maxima SE (Daily Driver)
    2006 Scion tC (Wife Whip)

In an ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand, so my right hand could just be a fist for punching.

Search = Rayon Flock
    Search = Spray on suede
    I buy mine locally (Nor-cal) at:
    http://www.artstuf.com/DStockNEW.fm$RET … ml=display

This is a good source too.
    http://www.donjer.com/cars.htm

Butter wrote: High tempo music like Drum N Bass, Dragonforce, etc.
    this thread is now DZ approved :super

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

So how close to suede/alcantara does it look?
    http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147