Floor Mats and Carpet

• Floor Mats and Carpet

Hello everyone I just bought a 1986 Z N/A 2 seater.

The car's previous owner was a heavy smoker. I am beginning the process of replacing as much of the interior as I can while parts are still available.

Unfortunately I think OEM-Surplus is out of my carpet (light bluish grey), and my headliner (dark brown). Anyone else know of places to get these?

Also my car only came with the passenger side floor-mat and it is in bad shape. It is also bluish-grey with a nifty 300 Z emblem. Are these original OEM floor mats still available?

Thanks in advance.

Typing 198x Nissan 300zx carpet into the google search field will give you a list of molded carpet suppliers.

'84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
    PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

Re-did the light blue carpet with MSA. Little short in the rear but nice.

Put in Nismo 350Z floormats in the shiro. Fit like a glove.
    86na - BlueZ
    Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
    85t - Mr Tickles

Blue carpet with brown headliner? That doesn't seem right. If the carpet is in otherwise good shape you can go over it all with carpet and upholstery cleaner, remove it if you'd like to get the best results, spray it down, follow directions, there's a few variation, let it air out outside the car and reinstall it. Rear carpet will be the easy one as it has I believe 4 plastic clips that can be removed from the storage compartment cover, remove the bar, and it'll come right out and even lay flat. If it is beat up check black dragon and MSA, but call or E-mail both, if it's low inventory and being discontinued they won't list it in the catalog. Also check here, http://www.autocarpetdeals.com/Merch…ry_Code=NISSA3 I'm sure you'll be replacing the headliner as the smoke probably went right up to that, I'd go with standard headliner material as it's foam backed and will set into the trim better. As for floor mats, I've never tried Z33 mats but I have Z32 mats and while they are not perfect they are damn nice. There are a number of places to find them, E-bay is probably the easy way, but keep in mind they are not molded, they are flat and have stitching all the way around to keep it from unraveling and for looks, meaning if you wanted someone could measure your floor, cut any carpet you want, back it with rubber, (hopefully with all those spikes to hold it in place) and sew around it with the proper stitching. Unless you want something custom or can't find what you're looking for, that is really more work than is needed when they are otherwise in many locations, I believe even JC Whitney had some, but I don't really even look at them much anymore.

I ended up buying a new carpet from stockinteriors.com. I went with 8945 "Ebony" because it looked the best against the black interior. The headliner is supposed to be black but it has faded to dark brown. I also bought floor mats and headliner kit (black) from stockinteriors. It was $350 shipped.

Now I just need to get seats, and figure out how to change the door panels from blue to black.

Removing the dash to install the carpet will also give me a chance to scrub the inside of the heating ductwork. I plan on reusing my current headliner board but sanding it down to remove all of the smoke tar on it.

Everything cloth must be replaced, even wiping down the windows produces a very yellow paper towel.

Thanks for all the suggestions wish me luck.

Good Luck.

Be sure to post up some pics of the fitment of that carpet you got. As for the door panels; replace with black ones, recover them with black leather, get the vinyl paint.
    Feedback- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19840

Blackdragon carpet kit

I just put in a new carpet in my SS restore. I went with the complete kit from Blackdragon in grey. The front and back fit very nicely. I read somewhere about the rear carpet being a little short but if anything, it's a little big but a very good fit overall. The front carpet fits pretty good so far too. I still have to cut out all of the seat holes and staple the plastic edges on from the old carpet. All I cut out was the hole for the emergency brake and center console. Quality is very good too. Alot better than I was expecting.
    I also bought a set of t-top shades from Blackdragon. At first I thought they weren't gonna fit since they're flat. But the fit is tight but nice.
    Shiro #443

I installed the carpet quite awhile ago, the car is getting painted right now, after I get it back I will post better pictures of the completed install. The fitment was great (stockinteriors.com) both front and rear. Also I redid my headliner (black) using their kit, and used the leftover adhesive to hold down the carpet in the car. The carpet seems very durable, no sun-fading after 9 months of sitting outside.

I took lots of pictures of both the headliner repair and the carpet install, unfortunately I lost almost all of the pictures of the process. Always take pictures off a camera, never assume that people will ask before deletion…

Old carpet

Stripped

New carpet semi-installed

I have installed the RSX seats too:

I will post completed install pictures after I get my car back because right now:

Drew, I respect your car for it's floor's lack of rust holes.
    Feedback- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19840

keep that trouble lamp on the carpet like that and you won't have a car for much longer. :nanan?re

Careless wrote: keep that trouble lamp on the carpet like that and you won't have a car for much longer. :nanan?re
    lol so true. Where did you end up buying the new carpet, Drew?
    " I spend another hour trying to rip the bolt out of the subframe, pausing every five minutes to scream and contemplate how I get myself into these situations. Two cars over, a guy urinates. I watch the steam waft off of the fresh puddle in the gravel. It merges with the blowing snow and is cut by the aerodynamic wedge of a nearby Fiero. Beautiful. Another pry and the carrier finally falls to earth. I walk out of there $80 lighter, which makes me more mad." - Brian Kolar

jealous of the RSX seats… can't wait to see finished pics of the car man.
    aka Mike

86 Turbo Z31
    2010 Xterra Off Road

VA Z31 Club!

Has anyone ever tried s13 or s14 floor mats?
    86na - BlueZ
    Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
    85t - Mr Tickles