trans damper bushings?

• trans damper bushings?

any one know if a set of poly trans damper bushing are still avalible and where i can find them? i know jason stopped selling them a while ago but if any one has an alternative that would be graet!

Bump

I used poly urethane windshield adhesive to "rebuild" my bushings. I taped off the bushing and filled the space with the polyurethane. the urethane hardens and is really solid this works very well in my opinion and i have used this on vehicle where a replacement buswhing isnt available. i used to be able to wiggle my trans with my shifter but not anymore.

andyray187 wrote: I used poly urethane windshield adhesive to "rebuild" my bushings. I taped off the bushing and filled the space with the polyurethane. the urethane hardens and is really solid this works very well in my opinion and i have used this on vehicle where a replacement buswhing isnt available. i used to be able to wiggle my trans with my shifter but not anymore.
    That sounds great!! And particular brand you might recommend?

3M hell you might even swing by a glass shop if you have the dampner off and see if they will squirt some windshield sealeant in the bushings for you so you dont have buy the urethane and a caulking gun. by the way the urethane is super super hard to squeez out i broke 2 guns beofre i got a gun that wouldnt brake just bend lol.

Wow i figured it would be a pain to do but breaking the guns, now thats no joke lol. Kool man. Thanx for the info. Ive got everything poly ready for my turbo/ suspenssion swap and this was the only thing left as far as the poly stuff goes.

window shops have a drill/gun combo that do the hard work for them i was unaware of at the time

Hmm… That sounds interesting for a tool. Ill have to see if i can find a shop that i may have a hook up with. Otherewise ill just get a tube from 3M. $20 on amazon prime so not a bad price.

i got mine at orileys like 20 bucks local…

andyray187 wrote: I used poly urethane windshield adhesive to "rebuild" my bushings. I taped off the bushing and filled the space with the polyurethane. the urethane hardens and is really solid this works very well in my opinion and i have used this on vehicle where a replacement buswhing isnt available. i used to be able to wiggle my trans with my shifter but not anymore.
    How long ago did you do that? I've never heard of someone refurbing a mount for poly, lol.

1985 300ZX Turbo GLL ^Click for log^

Originally posted by nater86zx
    No such thing as hoarding Z parts. When it comes to z parts, its not hoarding its preparedness!

I did this with my OEM trans mount- not the rounded bushings… but it does work for those too as long as you just close the ends with some washers after squeezing a fuckton in there and just squeeze the washers down with some bolts until it hardens. a washer with a little hole works better for curing the poly.

I will say that it is not as solid as a shore95 poly mount, but perhaps as solid as a Shore80-85.

It works very well. If you want it to work even better and cure better, you can do what I did for the OEM trans mount. I took some 3 inch wood nails and injected the poly in between the mount, then when it got somewhat hard, i slid the nails into the mount between the two plates. it creates a much more solid bushing with a layer of sound deadening.

Careless wrote: I did this with my OEM trans mount- not the rounded bushings… but it does work for those too as long as you just close the ends with some washers after squeezing a fuckton in there and just squeeze the washers down with some bolts until it hardens. a washer with a little hole works better for curing the poly.
    Are you talking about rounded bushings in general like the rear control arms ones or just the round ones in the trans mount? Looks like I have another cheap-ish upgrade to add to the list: trans-mount refurbing!

1985 300ZX Turbo GLL ^Click for log^

Originally posted by nater86zx
    No such thing as hoarding Z parts. When it comes to z parts, its not hoarding its preparedness!

Well what I've got in mind is just to afd the poly in the open spaces in the trans x member. I would go all out and make a full poly set but money is an issue atm. Wish i would've jumped on a set when jason was still making them. Just never crossed my mined at the time. My loss. That or when the solid metal set were made at that time.

Just weld the top plate to the dumbbell section and use tension rod bushings lathed down for those… you don't need dampers on dampers

Check out this thread:
    viewtopic.php?f=23&t=35243&p=432142#p432142