Upgraded Clutch Fork for 71c

• Upgraded Clutch Fork for 71c

Anyone know for SURE if the zspeedperformance upgrade clutch fork for Z32 trans will fit in the 71c. I know one member tried to get it to fit and couldnt, but the pictures that were posted of the clutch forks (71c next to a Z31) they look pretty similar, if not identical.

Im just wondering if anyone has successfully fitted it with a 71c.

Heres a link to the other thread for reference.
    viewtopic.php?f=12&t=26733&hilit=clutch+fork

1988 570zx SS Edition

Originally posted by Neil86t
    Just get a slick paint job like mine and its all good. I had a girl that said she wanted to lick my car. She ended up licking my sack…end of story. Bitch ain't gonna lick my car.

Hmmm yup that was me lol.It Just did not work for me.I ended up sending some pictures to joe of the TOB sleeve and installed pics.I already had the shorter sleeve but the TOB sat to far forward.I ended up reinforcing the stock fork by boxing it and used the upgraded pivot that came with the clutch fork.I dont know if anyone else is using this on the 71c.Hopefully they chime in because im interested in knowing for sure.
    "If your car cant do a burnout from a 60mph rolling start, then your engine needs more work."

"Nitrous doesn't blow up motors; Idiots with nitrous blow up motors."

Shooting for 500whp

From the pics that are in the thread, it looks like the little dimple the pivot ball sits in isnt as deep on the 71c as it is on the Z32. But if the upgraded pivot ball works with the stock fork, i don't see why it wouldnt on the upgraded fork.

1988 570zx SS Edition

Originally posted by Neil86t
    Just get a slick paint job like mine and its all good. I had a girl that said she wanted to lick my car. She ended up licking my sack…end of story. Bitch ain't gonna lick my car.

upgraded pivot ball does not work on the 71c I tried it and it ruined my fork.
    Click here to view my Stanced VG33ET Build thread / Click here to view my Feed Back thread

How did it ruin your fork? Mine works fine.hmm
    "If your car cant do a burnout from a 60mph rolling start, then your engine needs more work."

Shooting for 500whp

the fork was pushed against the clutch so when we started it the fork got a gouge rubbed into it so I had to replace it
    Click here to view my Stanced VG33ET Build thread / Click here to view my Feed Back thread

Yes, I believe the pivot ball was the issue in the first place with the 71c. No problems in the 30a though 8)
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

Any updates of information concerning the clutch fork upgrade? Fitment in the 71C?

I just completed the VG33E swap and am having the same isssues of the clutch not

wanting to fully disengaging due to the stage III clutch and weak stock shift fork. :-(

Thanks.
    Everything is Meaningless.

The fork does NOT work with the 71c.They are the same physical size but the pivot cup on the z32/upgraded fork is deeper than the 71c.The pivot balls are the same height though.Not sure why these guys had problems using the upgraded pivot ball with the stock 71c fork as mine works just fine.

Shooting for 500whp

Why upgrade the pivot ball when the stock 71c fork will deflect. The "upgraded" 30a fork is an OEM piece, I doubt you will ever see a 71c fork upgrade....
    DD:
    86 Black Turbo 5spd
    The Fallen:
    84 red n/a auto Slicktop, 86 Black 2+2 n/a 5spd
    Parting Currently:
    86 White Turbo 5spd, 88 n/a 5spd, 84 AE, 88 Shiro #64
    Garage Sale

well my 71c fork isnt exactly "stock" I reinforced it as well as i could because i planned on using the upgraded one.Plus i had the pivot already installed so i figured what the hell.

Shooting for 500whp