Z32na trans vs TT vs pathfinder?

• Z32na trans vs TT vs pathfinder?

I know the general answer is they are pretty much the same… what I want to know is are they equally strong, are there any advantages to the TT trans or difference in linkages/shifters etc?

I need this for my rb25 and I have an opportunity to get just the bellhousing I need, so for the back half I want to know if I'd be better off getting a vg30e pathfinder r30a or z32na r30a to mate with it?

In either case I still need a custom driveshaft so that's not a deciding factor

Opinions? Experience?

2WD Pathy is your best bet if fitting into a Z31. The Z32 versions are shorter and will require fab work for the shifter and brackets.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

But if you are moving the engine back and lowering it like Sham then Z32 is better
    1984 300ZX - 1988 VG30T Engine, Trans, Diff, ECU
    1987 300ZX TURBO - ( Parts Car ), 1988 300ZX TURBO - ( Parts Car )
    1972 240Z -- Full restore - L28ET L6 Engine from 280zx, T-5 transmission, Rear diff from the 87
    1998 Mazda B-2500, And a lot of bikes

NissanEgg wrote: 2WD Pathy is your best bet if fitting into a Z31. The Z32 versions are shorter and will require fab work for the shifter and brackets.
    Wrong. Pathy 30a and z32 30a are the same length. Z32 na and tt 30a are 100% the same internally. the only difference is the starter mount. the pathy 30a has shorter gear rations and will put your rpms up high in 5 gear but should be the same otherwise. Go with the one that suits your gearing best
    86na2t + holset

feedback
    viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6114&hilit=andrew+gardner

G-E, I'd go with the Z32 NA boxes. you can get them for under 200 bucks from importers.
    That's why I sold my spare bell housing to RedDemon.
    They're cheap and easy to find. He had to make his driveshaft- so that's the unit he settled on.

gardner, by same length do you mean the output shaft seal arrives at the same position as the Z32 box, or they're "roughly" the same size?
    i'm axxin' because that's what you're supposed to measure driveshaft length from. Shaft seal/housing to diff pinion flange.
    If it's the exact same then I guess the driveshaft length will be the same and you have more transmission to grab from the JY if one takes a shit.

win win?

What about the 5-speed behind the VG33 in the later Xterra and Frontiers? Are they not 30A?

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

NissanEgg wrote: What about the 5-speed behind the VG33 in the later Xterra and Frontiers? Are they not 30A?
    I'd assume those would work too, again shifters and gear sets might be different but overall workable?

Looks like I'll be able to get a z32na (missing shifter/bracket) + rb bellhousing for $400 shipped… still leaves me open to selling the z32 and getting a pathy/frontier back half if it proves problematic