Tranny Mount Damper Bushing

• Tranny Mount Damper Bushing

What options are there beside poly filling.
    Cha iro

enjoy building it yourself.
    if it fails, fuck it.
    at least you gave it a whirl.

Removing or cutting off or welding solid.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

If you mean 'poly fitting' as in filling it with window weld or whatever; there's a completely separate replacement tranny mount that's made of polyurethane.

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

DeleriousZ wrote: If you mean 'poly fitting' as in filling it with window weld or whatever; there's a completely separate replacement tranny mount that's made of polyurethane.
    The bushing in the dumbell part. I think there used to be a poly replacement back in the day?
    Cha iro

if it fails, fuck it.

Window weld it if you can't find something. I've used it for more important things with no issues.
    5.3 LSx Z31

Get the poly bushing, they are still out there. I scored mine last week, Finally.....
    DD:
    86 Black Turbo 5spd
    The Fallen:
    84 red n/a auto Slicktop, 86 Black 2+2 n/a 5spd
    Parting Currently:
    86 White Turbo 5spd, 88 n/a 5spd, 84 AE, 88 Shiro #64
    Garage Sale

im thinking of cutting the dumbbells off a spare mount I have and welding a pair of large washers onto the holes for the bushings to act as solid bushings. i like the way the solid engine mounts feel so it's the next step i guess. lol

yeah I am going full poly, but it turns out a buddy of mine has a CNC in his garage, I may start banging out some solid bushings if I choose to go that direction.
    DD:
    86 Black Turbo 5spd
    The Fallen:
    Parting Currently:
    Garage Sale

MADMIKE wrote: yeah I am going full poly, but it turns out a buddy of mine has a CNC in his garage, I may start banging out some solid bushings if I choose to go that direction.
    Make me a set.
    Cha iro

if it fails, fuck it.

used poly urethane window sealant on mine seems to work just fine. i cant wiggle my trans side to side with my sifter any more.

That's how we did Altima Motor mounts back in the day. Holds up pretty decent. I just feel it is a bit of a bandaid
    DD:
    86 Black Turbo 5spd
    The Fallen:
    Parting Currently:
    Garage Sale

after working in a body shop and watching the glass guy battle that window sealant every day i trust it as more than a band aid. that stuff is solid and stuck when it dries it has to be cut out and ground off. ill use it when its minor i wouldnt poly fill a controll arm bushing or anything like that.

MADMIKE wrote: That's how we did Altima Motor mounts back in the day. Holds up pretty decent. I just feel it is a bit of a bandaid
    Having used it in a lot of different rubber bushings I'll admit that it will hold up very well if it's installed anywhere where it can be kept in compression all the time. I've done dozens of Toyota engine and diff mounts. The 'windo-welded' isolator bushings on my 87 are only slightly less stiff than the poly bushings that used to be available.