Stub breakage any solution?

• Stub breakage any solution?

I realize this is nothing new by far. I reAd through 10 pages of 1sickz's thread and have more questions than answers. It seems he was trying to get a s13 subframe with q and z32 axels. I dont think he got to test these. Have these proven themselves as stronger? The link to hybrid z shows these stubs breaking as well.

Does anyone make a stub kit? Titanium stubs or similar? Im not convienced cryo is worth the efforts.

I broke mine last weekend at the track and would like to see what progress has been made so I can nail something down. My preference would be custom stubs and axels rather than a subframe swap but I don't know who makes stuff like that.
    87 300zx turbo ~600whp
    Built motor, ported heads, stage 2 cams, oversized valves, gutted maxima plenum, etc, etc, etc.....

the best thing you can do for your stub axles in the meantime is stickier tires and stiffer shocks/struts. Wheelhop is what killed your stub axle, not power.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a mans character make him a moderator.

I went with a new set of 275 drag radials and brand new shocks on the stiffest setting. I'm at over 500whp.
    87 300zx turbo ~600whp
    Built motor, ported heads, stage 2 cams, oversized valves, gutted maxima plenum, etc, etc, etc.....

I think you're stuck with custom parts. Start calling some axle shops.
    5.3 LSx Z31

I'd recommend mazworx but I've heard of their 600hp s13 axles twisting on 500hp cars too..

Maybe shaftmasters?

I just got a quote from mark Williams: "That is out of a 4340 material with an austemper full through heat treat, this is the same material and heat treat we use on our race axles." $950 for the rear set hubs only. Anyone interested?
    87 300zx turbo ~600whp

Unless you want to do the S13/Z32/Q45 hybrid setup, go with the mark williams parts. There were too many issues with the MM parts, mainly the bearings not available for that ID and OD combination.
    Shiro Special # 981 Being assembled in my spare time Chromoly acquired!
    Originally posted by BoostedMamma
    Heads up makes teh panties drop. BUT I don't have a penis OR a fast car, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

vgVQ wrote: I just got a quote from mark Williams: "That is out of a 4340 material with an austemper full through heat treat, this is the same material and heat treat we use on our race axles." $950 for the rear set hubs only. Anyone interested?Racinjitter wrote: Unless you want to do the S13/Z32/Q45 hybrid setup, go with the mark williams parts. There were too many issues with the MM parts, mainly the bearings not available for that ID and OD combination.
    So… $950 without bearings, which you can't find. From a company that has taken years to deliver parts. Sounds like a deal!

You could probably pay someone to fab/install a Ford 8.8 for that much time and money.

I don't know why people are so transfixed on making the stock rear setup work. It's pretty simple… if you want a drag car that's reliable, do an axle swap. Otherwise, just turn the boost down and soft-launch on street tires.

[quote]Jason84NA2T wrote:
    Originally posted by vgVQ
    I just got a quote from mark Williams: "That is out of a 4340 material with an austemper full through heat treat, this is the same material and heat treat we use on our race axles." $950 for the rear set hubs only. Anyone interested?
    Racinjitter wrote:
    Originally posted by vgVQ
    Unless you want to do the S13/Z32/Q45 hybrid setup, go with the mark williams parts. There were too many issues with the MM parts, mainly the bearings not available for that ID and OD combination.
    So… $950 without bearings, which you can't find. From a company that has taken years to deliver parts. Sounds like a deal!

You could probably pay someone to fab/install a Ford 8.8 for that much time and money.

I don't know why people are so transfixed on making the stock rear setup work. It's pretty simple… if you want a drag car that's reliable, do an axle swap. Otherwise, just turn the boost down and soft-launch on street tires.
    These are stock replacement so factory bearings will work. Are you saying you can't find factory bearings?

Also finding someone to custom fab a ford swap isn't exactly a walk in the park. If you know anyone in GA I'd love to look into it.
    87 300zx turbo ~600whp

Not Mark williams parts are a larger diameter than OEM, same with MM Which is modern motorsports. Modern motorsport stubs wheel bearings are the ones that are unavailable.

Unless you order custom ones that are the same diameter as the stock ones… Which will break at the same place, the decreasing diameter in between the two bearings.

This is all on the forum, search under SATAN for axle stubs. There is two pages of results and only like 3 topics.
    Shiro Special # 981 Being assembled in my spare time Chromoly acquired!
    Originally posted by BoostedMamma
    Heads up makes teh panties drop. BUT I don't have a penis OR a fast car, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

I was trying to get a stock replacement made from a stronger material. I read satans thread before I contacted mark Williams. It seemed at some point he thought he went over kill with his stubs thus my feelings on trying a stock replacement.
    87 300zx turbo ~600whp

vgVQ wrote: I was trying to get a stock replacement made from a stronger material. I read satans thread before I contacted mark Williams. It seemed at some point he thought he went over kill with his stubs thus my feelings on trying a stock replacement.
    Overkill probably doesn't cost much more, custon is custom, same work involved