88 shiro lsd swapping

• 88 shiro lsd swapping

so the shiro im getting the lsd is going out, its roars bad. well i have a 87 N/A parts car and wondering what route i should go. can u just change out the whole subframe and work on the lsd when i have the chance or any other options anyone can suggest?

Thanks, Magen

Yes you can
    Originally posted by adamvann3
    Hmm I normally jack off my rear x-member.

I suggest that you download or buy the Haynes service manual.
    Also in addition, you need to search the forum.

Swap out the pumpkin and axles from the parts car, would be a lot easier then swapping subframes.

He has turbo axle stubs, NA axles will not work.

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

Swap the diff, NA axles and axle stubs flanges from your parts car, or swap the diff and find some 84-89 turbo (non shiro) axles.
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

Any which way you slice it, it's a lot of work, fight with the stubs, or fight with the trailing arm bolts, or swap the whole thing and risk breaking the line fittings/bleeder trying to install/bleed the brakes

hopefully not getting to much over my head. i really enjoy this car. soon as he let me take it for a test drive i fell in love i want to get this problem figure out soon hopefully nothing to hard for me to figure out. and now thats your talking about breakable stuff im scared haha XD

Take your time and do it right, you shouldn't break anything. Swapping the entire subframe will also allow you to be able to change the bushings and clean it up if you want to.
    Originally posted by adamvann3
    Hmm I normally jack off my rear x-member.

It probably would be easiest to swap the entire subframe assuming you can't repair/replace the lsd right away. If you can repair/replace the lsd, just do that.

ill keep everyone updated on it, im going tomorrow to put money down on the car, and when i get everything ready for the swap ill make a build thread. do you guys think im getting an alright deal? 1 owner 286k miles 7/10 body 10/10 interior $2,000?

Hard to say, that's a lot of mileage but engines are cheap, there are better deals to be had but not everywhere, and the condition it's in is something you have to be ok with

came across some info today. has anyone put a Infiniti J30 vlsd internals into the shiro? is it compatible if so i may go that route so i can get them for a good deal.

Thanks, Magen

I believe so, but check the VLSD swap thread