What weight oil for rear diff?

• What weight oil for rear diff?

I've looked in my FSM and Haynes manual and either I'm blind or it's not in there. My rear diff needs a little oil but I'm not sure which weight to buy. Please give me some brands/weights that are recommended. Thanks guys.

Edit: SOLVED. Thanks everyone! FWIW, it IS in the FSM, it's just under "General Information" rather than driveline. :-)
    Attached Files
    • superquicknate.jpg (61.4 KB)

1985 300ZX Turbo GLL ^Click for log^

Originally posted by nater86zx
    No such thing as hoarding Z parts. When it comes to z parts, its not hoarding its preparedness!

Has your dog eaten your FSM, it's all in there ?

I think it might be in the 'general maintenance' section, but i'm not sure!

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

its in the owners manual as well as the factory service manual.

DeleriousZ wrote: I think it might be in the 'general maintenance' section, but i'm not sure!You're right. It IS under general information. I was looking under drivetrain. Thanks!
    Careless wrote:
    its in the owners manual as well as the factory service manual.
    I don't have an owners manual and as stated above, it IS indeed in the FSM. I just wasn't looking in the right place. Thanks again everyone!

1985 300ZX Turbo GLL ^Click for log^

Originally posted by nater86zx
    No such thing as hoarding Z parts. When it comes to z parts, its not hoarding its preparedness!

Ok.. so a follow on.. Where is the list of Nissan Approved LSD oils? I seem to remember having a TSB or something listing Pennzoil as the only approved lsd oil. Anybody?
    Who needs new car's, Nissan had it right 30 years ago!!!

Are you going to find the same oil with the same concentration from 1989?

Who needs new car's, Nissan had it right 20 years ago!!!
    lulz

For my LSD, I am going to be using Motul 90PA.
    Justin
    1986 NA 2-seater
    SCCA Solo E-Street Prepared #31
    Race Videos
    Build Thread

I was just wondering what Nissan considers approved for the LSD.
    Who needs new car's, Nissan had it right 30 years ago!!!

TWA88T;315037 wrote: I was just wondering what Nissan considers approved for the LSD.
    If you asked Nissan, I am sure they'd just tell you NISMO Competition oil… http://www.rhdjapan.com/nismo-lsd-ge…-1-liter-62152

I have heard that the NISMO LSD oil is just a relabeled Motul 90PA, but I don't have confirmation of this (might just be a rumor?).
    Justin
    1986 NA 2-seater
    SCCA Solo E-Street Prepared #31
    Race Videos
    Build Thread