Tempering or Cryotreatment the stock clutch fork on the 71C

• Tempering or Cryotreatment the stock clutch fork on the 71C

My stage III DXD still sticks slighty while shifting between gears on my 71C tranny. I am told it is because the upgraded clutches cause the stock clutch fork to flex a bit. Since there are no stiffer clutch fork upgrades that drop in the 71C tranny, Has anyone experimented with this idea?

http://www.technologystudent.com/equip1/heat1.htm
    Everything is Meaningless.

Re: Tempering or Cryotreatment the stock clutch fork on the

PulseCode wrote: My stage III DXD still sticks slighty while shifting between gears on my 71C tranny. I am told it is because the upgraded clutches cause the stock clutch fork to flex a bit. Since there are no stiffer clutch fork upgrades that drop in the 71C tranny, Has anyone experimented with this idea?

http://www.technologystudent.com/equip1/heat1.htm
    I'd worry about embrittling (in bending), but then again, i have no idea.

It's a small piece of metal, if you aren't breaking from fatigue I wouldn't worry…

Likewise I doubt it would make 1% difference

Hardening is the first stage of the tempering process. It leaves the metal harder but, brittle.

Tempering
    is the second stage which leaves the metal harder and tougher (less brittle).

As least this is my understanding of it. Check out the link in the first post.
    Everything is Meaningless.

PulseCode wrote: Hardening is the first stage of the tempering process. It leaves the metal harder but, brittle.

Tempering
    is the second stage which leaves the metal harder and tougher (less brittle).

As least this is my understanding of it. Check out the link in the first post.
    Yes, material science. Annealing relieves internal stresses left from hardening, by heating and slowly cooling. The brittleness is dependent on the amount of tempering.

I don't think this is going to solve the problem because I don't think that the clutch fork is the root of the "sticking", so in my opinion it's not worth bothering with.

If you really wanted to stiffen the clutch fork up, you could have someone reinforce it with some keenly placed slats of steel welded to the unit itself by someone who knows how to weld properly.