Tranny sex change?

• Tranny sex change?

So I've had my 87 turbo for a bit over a year now, helped my friend do some work on his 86 a while back, and i'm not a newb when it comes to cars. Anyway, to my understanding the 87+ turbo came with the 30A correct? and from what I've searched around it says that the reverse is supposed to be a dogleg gear, even the owners manual and FSM say this. Well they're just pictures of the shift pattern but you have to be a complete retard to not know what a dogleg gear looks like in the H pattern.
    Now on my tranny my reverse is right below 5th. I know this because i can go from reverse straight into 5th. when i dropped the tranny there's no damn serial on the housing, is there any other way to tell what tranny it is?
    This also brings up the fact that my driveshaft might have been fucked with, and im having all sorts of issues with the tranny, grinds going into gears at random (have bleed and changed clutch cylinders, used Redline MT90 as well) And every now and again it wont go into reverse, even if i try the neutral lock process, i would have to release the clutch, open it back up and force the lever into reverse, it also happens with other gears but its very rare.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Post a picture of the trans. Easy to tell by looking.

I'd have to drop it again lol. Needed the Z running asap cus i sold my other car

Which of these did it look most like?

Both of the Nissan-built transmissions have Reverse right under 5th though
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

michaelp;315344 wrote: Which of these did it look most like?

Both of the Nissan-built transmissions have Reverse right under 5th though
    i wanna say the stubby one, i'd have to look down there again tomorrow when i do my tranny flush.
    really? i thought the 30A was a dogleg reverse, or at least thats what the manual says :/
    god i hope its not the internals going on on me now lol

Only "dogleg" Nissan trannies that I am aware of are the ones from the S110 Datsun 200SX. Those are some version of the 60/63x line of trannies, and are hard to come by. All other Nissan 5-speeds have reverse below 5th.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

NissanEgg;315510 wrote: Only "dogleg" Nissan trannies that I am aware of are the ones from the S110 Datsun 200SX. Those are some version of the 60/63x line of trannies, and are hard to come by. All other Nissan 5-speeds have reverse below 5th.
    Douche Nissan is trolling then!!! i'll post a pic of the manual tomorrow lol, fml now im thinking it might be the fork