Clutch issues

• Clutch issues

I went with a pretty hefty clutch when I did my build. I forget the brand or stage but I believe it's rated for 520 ft ibs of torque. Anyways, it has a pretty easy pedal and the clutch doesn't engage until the pedal is at the top of its stroke. Also, it slips terribly. I'm guessing I should try bleeding it again? But the real issue I'm having is that when the pedal is fully pressed to the floor, there is a sort of heavy ticking sound coming from the bell housing area and it sounds like a bolt or something is catching something else with every revolution of the crankshaft. Any thoughts?

How many miles on the clutch so far? Is the slave cylinder leaking my chance? Re-bleeding may help. More than likely you need to readjust the clutch pedal, it is explained in the FSM. As for the other noise it sounds like the throwout bearing is going bad.
    Hmmm, Whats next?
    Full Size Bronco, smashing shit.

84ZXT

Like shromy said, adjust the clutch pedal rod. Sounds like the the rod is pushing the master cylinder some, causing residual pressure buildup make the clutch slip. Adjust the rod so that the clevis pin rotates freely with the pedal at rest. Then rebleed the system.
    You maybe overextending the clutch throwout bearing sleeve, causing the noise you are having. Adjust the clutch pedal rod.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

many performance clutches engage at the top of the pedal stroke. The reason is the cushion between the two friction surfaces on the clutch disc. The less cushion there is, the higher the clutch engages. That's why puck style clutches nearly always do that. Some can be adjusted to be better, but in your situation, sounds like you may not be able to.

I also agree with the overextending of the release bearing causing your noise of the diaphragm hitting the top of the clutch disc. I've experienced that myself with Z cars. Adjust your pedal.

Lastly, your slipping issue. Clutches like Kevlar need to be driven 'normally' for the first 800-1200 miles or so before abuse. If they get slipped a lot before they're broken in, they will glaze up and will need to be either removed and lightly sand blasted or driven for another 1000 miles or so until the glaze is worn off. However, not knowing what type of clutch you have, it's hard to give diagnostic advise. I will say, however, all clutches need 300-500 MINIMUM miles to break them in. No matter who made them.