Motul 300

• Motul 300

Have you guys used motul 300 75-90 in our gear boxes? Is it safe?
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

No, not compatible… The only two GL4 Motul compatible gear oils with the correct viscosity ranges are MotylGear 75w90 and Gearbox 80w90.

I used the Motyl 75w90 in my trans before the last swap, as well as in my LSD with an additive, since the only place around my friends neighbourhood was having a Z/G car show and was selling it for a good price while I was doing my trans/diff swap.

It was fine. Shifted nice. Clutch locked up in the diff as it should have. No metal particles in the trans oil after the last change.
    Snce I had to drop that trans again, I put 1 qt of Redline MT90 and just under 1 qt of AMSOIL Manual Transaxle lube because it's all I had.

Both are strict GL-4's. AMSoil is easier to get.

ohhhh nvm. I was looking at the Gear 300 LS.

I should check my garage to see if I actually have the Gear 300. brb.

edit:

MotylGear Technosynthese 75w90 is the one I used. it's a GL-4/GL-5. I used it in the Diff and the Trans. Still got almost a full quart.

Yeah im using 300 75-90 in the subaru right now and wanted to make sure its safe for teh z. both have brass bushings. Subie gearbox is weird.

Z shifted like buttery nips but i drained out the redline and had a decent amount of shrappnel. Want to switch it up to motul because their products are awesome.

http://z31performance.com/showthread…-can-be-a-pain

ZSpeedPerformance wrote:
    Nissan MTF is the best for cold and recommended for most Nissan M/T , Not great for hard driving as it is pretty thin
    Redline MT-90 good lube but a little thick on cold shifts
    Redline MT-85 We have used this with good success in the newer RWD 6 Speeds, Can be used in older nissan trans also and will help with cold shifts over the MT-90
    Motul Gear 300, 100% ester based synthetic gear lube, One of our favorites, Good cold viscosity (shifts easy cold) Will not harm Brass (yellow) metals, syncros ect. Very high hot film strength to protect gears under abusive use, Expensive but worth it to save your trans, Esp drag racing wear gear loads are very high.
    So I am guessing Motul Gear 300 is good?
    Justin
    1986 NA 2-seater
    SCCA Solo E-Street Prepared #31
    Race Videos
    Build Thread

300zxturboftw;325645 wrote: Yeah im using 300 75-90 in the subaru right now and wanted to make sure its safe for teh z. both have brass bushings. Subie gearbox is weird.

Z shifted like buttery nips but i drained out the redline and had a decent amount of shrappnel. Want to switch it up to motul because their products are awesome.
    if it had shrappnel, i doubt it's because of the redline. chek yer chit, bro. something might be ready to go poo.

Careless;325666 wrote: if it had shrappnel, i doubt it's because of the redline. chek yer chit, bro. something might be ready to go poo.
    Was normal shrap, just one very very long thin metal strand (about 2 inches long). Gearbox is solid though, everything I put to it it takes.