Nismo Fork Pivot

• Nismo Fork Pivot

Anyone seen one of these before? It says it's for the RB20/VG20ET. Couldn't find any info on the RB, but according to Xenon the VG20ET came with a 71C. Any idea if this would work in our 71C? Has anyone tried it?

http://www.auction-jp.com/item/c378117064/
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

it should! good find.

The one from zspeedperformance also works.the one that is available with the heavy duty clutch fork.
    "If your car cant do a burnout from a 60mph rolling start, then your engine needs more work."

"Nitrous doesn't blow up motors; Idiots with nitrous blow up motors."

Shooting for 500whp

85NA2T;327774 wrote: The one from zspeedperformance also works.the one that is available with the heavy duty clutch fork.
    Doesn't work with the 71c, 30a only.

My 1986 Turbo Build

Doing a quick Google of the Nismo part number from the add, 30537-RS540, it is the same part number for the s13/s14/r31 etc, all 71c transmissions I believe, so it should work. It also lists the length at 41mm, which should be easy to check and match with a stock pivot ball.

Also found the Nismo 30a tranmission pivot ball part number to be 30537-RS581, it lists r32/r33/r34/z32 as compatible vehicles.

jaqattack02;327816 wrote: Doesn't work with the 71c, 30a only.
    I'm running one as we speak.not the fork obviously.did you try it and have issues?
    "If your car cant do a burnout from a 60mph rolling start, then your engine needs more work."

Shooting for 500whp

85NA2T;327906 wrote: I'm running one as we speak.not the fork obviously.did you try it and have issues?
    You're the first person I've seen say it works. Everyone else I've seen who tried it had problems.

My 1986 Turbo Build

jaqattack02;327943 wrote: You're the first person I've seen say it works. Everyone else I've seen who tried it had problems.
    Hmmm thats odd.I know the fork wont work but my pivot was the same? Idk

Shooting for 500whp

I'm not at a point of needing one yet anyway. I was just posting it in case someone else did since I didn't know NISMO made one.

My 1986 Turbo Build

85NA2T;327956 wrote: Hmmm thats odd.I know the fork wont work but my pivot was the same? Idk
    The reason being is that the fork upgrade needs a shorter pivot ball to work. It seems that Nissan used a shorter pivot ball for the 71c transmissions and 2004+ 350z. A longer one was used for the 30a and 2003 350z transmissions.

Pic I found:

This pdf about the Nismo pivot balls shows the short to be 41mm long vs the long ones 54mm:
    http://www.nismo.co.jp/en/products/c…/pdf/pivot.pdf