Kaaz LSD writeup

• Kaaz LSD writeup

Found this on my local car club website. Nice find.

http://www.nissandatsuncarclubsa.com…AAZ_report.htm

I wonder which unit he used, as I did not see an application for a z31 for either Kaaz or torsen.
    Chuck Stong
    300+ Parts and Performance owner
    http://www.300-plus.com
    2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Firehawk wrote: I wonder which unit he used, as I did not see an application for a z31 for either Kaaz or torsen.
    I'm guessing a R32 Skyline center. They had the R200 longnose in them too. I'll be speaking to the guys at the workshop that did the conversion tomorrow so I shall ask them about that.

Just got the price, worst case scenario if the crown wheel and pinion needs shit done it's going to be AUD$2285 fitted. Apparently there's some fabrication of spacers and some other shit that needs to be done to get it in there. Price includes new bearings etc, so it's not on my immediately 'to do' list but geez I'd love to do it.

Firehawk wrote: I wonder which unit he used, as I did not see an application for a z31 for either Kaaz or torsen.
    You might want to ask Butter, He is running a Kaaz IIRC.
    Shiro Special # 981 Being assembled in my spare time Chromoly acquired!
    Originally posted by BoostedMamma
    Heads up makes teh panties drop. BUT I don't have a penis OR a fast car, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

Well that idea just died in the ass. Apparently a mech lsd is too unperdictable in an auto. I'll just import a stock lsd ex Japan.

There are plenty of options out there for the r200. Tomei Techtrax, kaaz, quaife, pg power brute, viscous, torsen.... The tomei should be easy to get down there. Here in the states they are going for around $800. The pg power brute can be had for far less in the states however at around $500.
    Heads up makes teh panties drop. BUT I don't have a penis OR a fast car, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

Racinjitter wrote: There are plenty of options out there for the r200. Tomei Techtrax, kaaz, quaife, pg power brute, viscous, torsen.... The tomei should be easy to get down there. Here in the states they are going for around $800. The pg power brute can be had for far less in the states however at around $500.
    I don't see an application for torsen on their site. I have one of the protype t2r in my firehawk, and I love that high bias gear diff better than any other diff.
    Chuck Stong
    300+ Parts and Performance owner
    http://www.300-plus.com
    2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Racinjitter wrote: I don't see an application for torsen on their site.
    The torsen for the r200's dont hold up to lots of power. But if you look for a s15 rearend they are out there. I have heard of the torsen gears coming apart around 400whp when powered by a sr20. I would say that the torsen would come apart at much lower power levels when behind a vg. Nismo has a torsen for sale for r200's.

I thought of getting a torsen until I heard about them breaking at higher hp levels.

[quote]Racinjitter wrote:
    Originally posted by Firehawk
    I wonder which unit he used, as I did not see an application for a z31 for either Kaaz or torsen.You might want to ask Butter, He is running a Kaaz IIRC.
    He's running a Kaaz in his s14 subframe conversion with the 240sx diff.
    1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z