Quaife LSD

• Quaife LSD

Hey guys,

After searching and reading as much as I could find about quaife LSD's I still have a couple questions. I would love to get one as pretty much anything else I do will bump me up into the next class in time trials.
    Anyway,

1) Would a quaife be a direct bolt in for a 87 300zx turbo with an open diff(ie do I need some crazy axles)?

2) What is the best price you guys know of? I have found it for 1420.00US

3) prob something im not thinking of so just imagine its this question.

Thanks!

I would suggest a PM to Russ and John Bly. I know they are fairly versed in the Quaife diff and should be able to give you some reasonably knowledgeable feedback.
    Just stand back and throw money.
    Performance costs money.
    Reliable performance costs more.

Hey I have been running one in my 86 for about 4 years. It is worth every penny. I paid about 1400us. It was a direct bolt in, I used all the factory shimms there was nothing to it. It took the afternoon to install. I cant say enough about this rearend, it puts the power right where it should be at all times. This clip was taken 10min after the install was finnished

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfCCA3Vlx4k[/video]]

Besides being a new part, what advantage would a quaife offer over a typical late Z31T CLSD? Enough to warrant $1,400 vs. $4-600?
    1987 Turbo (Ex-NA).

My Z31 Videos

300ZX86T wrote: Hey I have been running one in my 86 for about 4 years. It is worth every penny. I paid about 1400us. It was a direct bolt in, I used all the factory shimms there was nothing to it. It took the afternoon to install. I cant say enough about this rearend, it puts the power right where it should be at all times. This clip was taken 10min after the install was finnished

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfCCA3Vlx4k[/video]]
    Very cool. I know nothing about this part of the car so excuse me if my questions seem stupid. Do you have to order this diff per the kind of car or is it pretty much drop in for any kind of car (as in, would it be the same kind of replacement for an SS with the VLSD as it was with your car?)?

Thanks.
    SOLD: 1988 Nissan 300ZX Turbo SS : My Shiro Special site. Limited edition Z31 model.
    Engine: K&N Intake, HKS Exhaust, Poly motor mounts
    Suspension: SS springs, full poly bushing set and spring seats, BILSTEIN shocks/struts, Cusco front strut brace
    Brakes: Stainless steel brake lines, Axxis pads
    The last last letter of the alphabet is also the last word in sports cars: Z
    Dyno 5-14-05: 175.17 HP @ 5200rpm & 200.36 Torque @ 3800rpm