Clutch Hydraulics

• Clutch Hydraulics

So i was having issues with my fluid leaking out. it was making the car really hard to drive so i decided to bleed the system. well it was good again for maybe 7 or so hours. So yesturday I decided to go through everything. I replaced the master cyclinder and the slave cylinder. Put in all fresh fluid aswell as get rid of that clutch damper. my car is an 85 NA. Before yesturday I had no idea my clutch peddle could feel as responsive as it does now. It took me a total of about and hour and a half to get it all apart and put back together and bled out. I should have done this over a year ago and would recommend it to any one with hyrdaulic issues.

Nothing like replacing +20 year old hydraulics.

I usually have to replace my master and slave clutch hydraulics every year because of the ACT clutch.
    1984 300ZXT
    1986 300ZX 2x2 NA2T
    2000 Porsche Boxster
    2007 Toyota Yaris

damn the clutch is that hard on the system?

bemis wrote: Nothing like replacing +20 year old hydraulics.

I usually have to replace my master and slave clutch hydraulics every year because of the ACT clutch.
    Are you using your dampener? that's what it's for (also for a softer feel on the pedal), it "dampens" the hydraulic fluid and doesn't kill your seals. Most people get rid of the damper but I don't know how bad/good that is on the long run

[quote]matico40 wrote:
    Originally posted by bemis
    Nothing like replacing +20 year old hydraulics.

Are you using your dampener? that's what it's for (also for a softer feel on the pedal), it "dampens" the hydraulic fluid and doesn't kill your seals. Most people get rid of the damper but I don't know how bad/good that is on the long run
    I just removed the damper this time around after keeping it in with the ACT clutch for about 8 years and the pedal feel is actually softer now. And the clutch disengages sooner. So, maybe my damper took a shit long before the addition of the ACT clutch.

The seals probably go out "prematurely" because I buy the cheap rebuild kits at the auto parts stores instead of going to Nissan and buying a quality unit. Also, the units are designed for stock pressure plate pressures. The ACT clutch is double that so it would be within reason to agree that the stock hydraulic units are being used in a situation that is way over their heads. Nismo sells a slave unit that could fix this problem, for ~$200 dollars.
    1984 300ZXT
    1986 300ZX 2x2 NA2T
    2000 Porsche Boxster
    2007 Toyota Yaris

300cars wrote: damn the clutch is that hard on the system?
    Are you serious?
    1989 300ZX 2+2 N/A GLL
    Auto to Manual Swap
    NA2T Complete

i payed 13 dollars for my slave cylinder. total hydraulic overhaul on my clutch cost me alittle over 45 dollars.