Pics of factory CLSD destruction....

• Pics of factory CLSD destruction....

Bought an lsd (87T) from some half-a-retard in R.I., had chunks in the magnet so I knew it needed a rebuild. I just pop it open tonight and find that he abused it so badly that the clutch plates fused to the spacers. Had to actually chisel it apart. Rest of diff looks actually pretty good but I'm doing it up from scratch just to be thorough, gonna shim it up too.
    On a side note I drove to R.I. for what was going to be a nice deal on a VLSD and axles form a Shiro. Come to find it wasn't an VLSD, nor was it a CLSD. This clown shoe was trying to sell me an open diff. When I popped the cover off and explained to him that this was an open diff he stood there and was arguing that it is definitely a VLSD because they look "a little different". Then he proceeds to do a 200' burnout and then try to sell me that very same transmission saying it is in great shape and was never abused. So then we pull another diff (this one) and I take this off his hands plus some other stuff. He has some 30a trannies for sale, great shape :-? !

That R.I. dude is an ass clown.

I hope you didn't spend too much on that busted CLSD. . . only what its worth in metal.
    1984 300ZXT
    1986 300ZX 2x2 NA2T
    2000 Porsche Boxster
    2007 Toyota Yaris

yikes.

can you still get the spring discs and plates from nissan? i know the clutches are nla.

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

I picked up a set of six clutches from Gary Savage and I think those plates are still available from Nissan. I traded that chucklehead a Satan manifold & $80 for: Lsd diff, Shiro door panels, turbo injs. & manifold, 87-89 turbo hubs, turbo strut tubes. I easily made out like a bandit and will have those Shiro door panels & strut tubes up soon, they were actually mint.

haha sweet deal.

speaking of satan, where is that guy??

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

Sounds like you made out good!

lol he must have been doing some serious thrashing with some low-grade oil. How the heck do you micro-weld spring plates and friction discs together. LOL