t5 rebuild

• t5 rebuild

..well i have an 84n/a that some how has a t-5. i have a huge problem getting it into 1st.
    im thinking of a rebuild, but ive never torn open a trans. im still thinking would it be more cost effective to get a 71c.?
    if any one has sticky of a rebuild that be so helpful..

if you decide to go with a 71c i would be interested in the tailshaft unit from your t5. I blew a huge hole in mine after getting my Mickey Thompsons this past weekend. I havn't taken it out to make sure i don't have more damage but i hope all i will need is the tailshaft assy.
    84 turbo 5 speed
    stock turbo with custom 3" o2 elbow.
    schneider 440 lift cams
    schneider valve springs
    3 angle intake, full radius exhaust valves
    3" exhaust
    Cone air filter
    Pathfinder intake without emissions control crap.
    No Ac, power steering, cruise.
    Electric fan
    No IC for now
    Stock boost for now
    Stock fuel
    zeitronix wideband with datalogger
    kyb's on rear
    Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/T 235/60r15 rear and BFGoodrich Traction T/A 225/60r15 front on stock 84t rims

Zilvia wrote: ..well i have an 84n/a that some how has a t-5. i have a huge problem getting it into 1st.
    im thinking of a rebuild, but ive never torn open a trans. im still thinking would it be more cost effective to get a 71c.?
    if any one has sticky of a rebuild that be so helpful..
    You are luck, the T-5 is the easiest of the trannies to rebuild. Get the FSM that shows what to do. Go here: http://www.hanlonmotorsports.com/
    and order the video on rebuilding a T-5. It is excellent even though it is for a WC T-5 out of a Mustang it is basically the same as ours.
    I was going to do a tape on ours when I converted another NWC to WC , but haven't come across another mustang T-5 yet.
    If you have any questions as you get into it ask away. I also have a few really good gears if you need any replacements.
    …and how much HP do you have at 0 boost

is the Z t5 a wc or nwc? Whats the difference? syncros?

comrade_charlie wrote: is the Z t5 a wc or nwc? Whats the difference? syncros?
    Nissan T-5 is NWC.
    WC T-5's have needle bearings under the gears instead of just using oil. They have different end bearings and the syncros are fiber instead of brass except for fifth which is the same as the NWC. Also the gears may be a bit heaver in the Mustang set up.
    …and how much HP do you have at 0 boost