Problem with Clutch slave cylinder

z

zmech wrote: I will tell you what was happening with mine. The PP fingers would actually move from the heat. It was already hard to press and it got worse as it heated. Do not know if it was bad manufacturing or what but the Z33 PP does not do it with the same hydraulic parts. I would imagine that yours is doing something similar and I seriously doubt it is your hydraulics doing it.

The way I found the fingers moving you ask. I took it out and clamped it to a flywheel. Measured the fingers cold and then heated it in the oven and measured the fingers again. Little more than a 1/4 inch of movement just from heating it.
    That is interesting. I didn't have any problem with the clutch until the slave piston started popping out of the bore and jambing so it would not return. That was fixed by replacing all the hydraulic components. Now if I only press in the clutch half way when it is hot it will work. I will try it cold and see if I can shift into gear with the peddle half way in. If that is the case then I will just use a stop to keep it over doing. I'll let you know.
    …and how much HP do you have at 0 boost

Russ84na wrote: Shield the slave and hose from the exhaust? .
    When I installed my headers, I did use a thermal sleeving
    material (I forget the name, 2000 degree something or other)
    to cover my wires / lines and the slave.
    Selling left over z31 parts from an 85.