FYI on CAS

• FYI on CAS

I put this up here because someone is always fighting a starting/hesitation/bogging issue and the typical answers are tune up type things before the CAS get put into play. Maybe this will help someone struggling with a similar issue

I have an 87 stock NA with 190000 miles. Owned it 10+ years. Has always run well , but about 1 year ago it developed an occasional hesitation and sometimes bogging feel which I didn't like. Went through the usual steps and changed plugs, NGK wires, cleaned MAF, idle control stuff, etc. Also swapped the ign module to the PWR2 which was a nice upgrade in my opinion. Still had the issue. Mind you it wasn't bad just annoying when it happens. Finally after seeing the ASCO post on the new CAS part, I was going to bite the bullet and get one thinking this is the last possible option. Before I spend the money I wanted look at mine and also learn how to take it apart. When I did, I found 27 years of crud in there. Not much but definitely enough crap to be concerned. ZKarma has a DIY in a post on the site but simply put I used compressed air, then electronic cleaner a couple times. Let it all dry up and reassembled. Finally the damn problem is GONE! Hopefully another 200K miles of happy motoring ahead