do 87-89 turbos have a wire at ecu pin 115 for o2 sensor?

• do 87-89 turbos have a wire at ecu pin 115 for o2 sensor?

I have been tring to piece the o2 sensor swap information together myself since all the pictures about it are broken links in the stickys. Looking at the FSM I see the the yellow wire on the zirconium 02 connects to pin 115. I then see that the yellow wire on the titania sensor goes to ground. So this is where I have my confusion. My car is originally a 88 Non turbo so I have a yellow wire in pin 115. I know the yellow wire has to be grounded for the Titania sensor. So I figure I cut the yellow wire and on the side twards the o2 sensor I attatch that to ground. But the side twards teh ecu what do I do with it? I figure if the turbo cars did not have a wire in pin 115 then that meens I should just wrap it dead and tuck it away. But if turbo models did have a wire in pin 115 it goes to ground as well correct?

Lastly in the FSM i saw the GW wire that goes to the Main harness connects to pin 34. Looking at the picture the main harness connector for teh turbo and not turbo cars have pin 34 in different location. So I was wondering since I have a 88 na engine and main harness I should not have to do anything with the GW wire since it is connected to pin 34 regardless of where it is located in the connector correct?
    The saing goes you save the best for last which is why the letter Z was chosen as the last letter of the alphabet. It is also why it was chosen to represent the best car of the 80's.

Respect the Z

just to clear things up I am using the 88t Titania sensor and I am using a 88T o2 sensor pigtail spliced inplace of the 88NA o2 Sensor pigtail.
    The saing goes you save the best for last which is why the letter Z was chosen as the last letter of the alphabet. It is also why it was chosen to represent the best car of the 80's.

Respect the Z

I'm going through a similar situation, I'l post my findings tomorrow, it's late, lol.
    1986 300ZX, Got the 85 Turbo Engine, Satan's Exhaust manifold, GT35R, Tial 44mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, Nistune, 460cc Injectors, Treadstone Intercooler, NGK Wideband, Greddy Profec B Spec II EBC, 16 PSI and rising, heehee.

1993 300ZX Convertible, Pearl White, Bone Stock summer car.

1985 300ZX Turbo Wrecked (Parts car) : ( In her old days

1984 Mitsubishi Starion \
    1987 Dodge Conquest - None of them run, LOL
    1988 Mitsubishi Starion /

yeah i saw that but I am unclear on what to do with the yellow wire after I cut for the titania. As of now I am interpretting it as side coming from o2 gets grounded. and side coming from ecu just gets its end wrapped up in electrical tape but I am still not 100% sure if that is correct or not.

Respect the Z

bump

can anyone with a 88T check and see if they have a yellow wire connected to their ecu at pin 115. I am thinking it is only their on the NA car I just want to be sure.

Respect the Z

BlazzinZ88 wrote: bump

can anyone with a 88T check and see if they have a yellow wire connected to their ecu at pin 115. I am thinking it is only their on the NA car I just want to be sure.
    I just grounded the yellow wire, because thats what is done with it anyways in the OE wiring, just through the ECU ground instead.
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

[quote]michaelp wrote:
    Originally posted by BlazzinZ88
    bump

I just grounded the yellow wire, because thats what is done with it anyways in the OE wiring, just through the ECU ground instead.
    so you cut the yellow wire in half and grounded both sides of it then with no problem correct?

Respect the Z

Bumping this. I'm about to be swapping an 87-89 style o2 I ordered from courtesyparts.com
    I was planning to let my 87t ecu do the grounding. Using my 85 Na existing harness and connector. I was planning to simply swap the 4 pin connector on the sensor to a spare 3 pin connector that I have. My question is if anybody knows which color wire on the o2 side matches what on the harness side?
    I'm figuring black goes to black, but what about the red and white wire on the o2 side?
    http://z31performance.com/showthread…2-2-(-now-NA2T
    My build thread (:

I took a closer look at my 87t wiring diagram. IT's all there. For turbos pin 115 yellow wire is grounded. That's all I have to do.
    My build thread (:

I finally probed my connector and noticed something interesting. .
    Blue wire has 12v like normal. Black has .01v which is good for ground. But the yellow wire goes to pin 115 read .5v. What's up with that? 87 T computer, that yellow wire ends up remaining open if I'm to cut it and ground the wire that comes from the sensor. I'm wondering if I'm supposed to let it just go through the wire since the computer is sending something through it. Any thoughts?
    My build thread (: