FYI: Fuel Temperature Sensor

pics or it doesnt exist lol jk

zracer wrote: pics or it doesnt exist lol jk
    could say the same for your attempted joke. :nanan?re

Sticky this?
    Someone buy my mustang so I can get another zx…

Thanks for this information, is this something that can be junked? I saw that you plumbed the fpr into the manifold back in late 2010 and bypassed this surge canister, has that affected anything?
    Daily:
    09 2.5SL Altima Grey
    08 4.0SE Pathfinder 4x4 Grey
    11 Ducati Diavel Carbon Red
    Z31s:
    88t Grey
    86t Pewter

not that i can tell. most FPR's use a manifold vacuum signal that is direct to manifold. it shouldnt hurt a thing.

I saw Rick mentioning that he needed one based on having A/C but isn't that just for the vacuum pump and not the surge canister?
    Daily:
    09 2.5SL Altima Grey
    08 4.0SE Pathfinder 4x4 Grey
    11 Ducati Diavel Carbon Red
    Z31s:
    88t Grey
    86t Pewter

Hi guys. I know this is an old thread so I apologize for adding a post. My question is, can the fuel temp sensor be removed? I have seen a few Z31's with an adjustable fpr installed in the OEM fpr's location. The sensor was not re-installed anywhere else, just taped to the harness. I was going to try and insert the fuel temp sensor in a fuel line using a "t" fitting or just tape it back. Any thoughts?

If you're installing an aftermarket FPR I think you're safe to just remove it. By the time you get to that point I'm assuming you have some kind of tuning software as well, so you're going to be tweaking the fuel maps yourself at this point. Not having it hooked up just means the ECU is always going to see the same reading from it, so it's not going to be messing with the enrichment based on the temperature.
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

Mine broke off, got another from a member here. It lasted a week before breaking off again. I gave up.
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

Thanks for the replies. I think I've figured out how to have the adjustable fpr and sensor. I'll let you know how it turns out. I won't be able to adjust fuel maps with my setup. I'm waiting for my JWT ECU to come back from being reprogrammed. I would assume the fuel temp sensor needs to be functional, in my set up anyways.

I havent run a FTS in ages, even with stock tunes. meh.
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

michaelp;345492 wrote: I havent run a FTS in ages, even with stock tunes. meh.
    ^ This
    "If your car cant do a burnout from a 60mph rolling start, then your engine needs more work."

"Nitrous doesn't blow up motors; Idiots with nitrous blow up motors."

Shooting for 500whp

In that case, it'll be gone Thanks guys.

My car reacts to a bad FTS connection. Very rough idle. Some hard starts. With the connection repaired, it works like a dream.
    85 na running 87 ecu.
    http://z31performance.com/showthread…2-2-(-now-NA2T
    My build thread (:

les_joey_paul;346014 wrote: My car reacts to a bad FTS connection. Very rough idle. Some hard starts. With the connection repaired, it works like a dream.
    85 na running 87 ecu.
    It reacts to a bad FTS connection or sensor…but if its unplugged/removed, it won't react negatively at all.
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -