Beginner tuning with Nistune: For dummies

[quote]amreboot wrote:
    Originally posted by edicer2
    i am still trying to get my damn nistune to connect on my winodws 7 laptop....the laptop sees the ecu then i turn the key but keeps asking for drivers
    If your win7 is x64 you may have to force the driver to be installed.
    I believe these nistune drivers are digitally unsigned.
    There is a process to having Windows 7 X64 work with this, but for the average computer user, its a challenge.

Its best to use x86 (32bit) Windows for Nistune.

Let me know what you have.
    Maybe I could perform a remote session with you to get it work.
    yeah it sucks! tried a few things at makes it so i can install digitally unsigned drivers but havent tested it since then but i have windows 7 32bit professional....i might give it a try i found some software that disables the part that blocks the unsigned drivers
    86 NA
    87 Turbo
    Member of the "zetto sun-ichi" group

Local MN car forum/club anyone welcome..... fivezeroseven.net join!

edicer2 wrote: i am still trying to get my damn nistune to connect on my winodws 7 laptop....the laptop sees the ecu then i turn the key but keeps asking for drivers
    Go back and check your socket connections and your USB socket where it is in the frame. I had this "driver not installed" problem. Couldn't get the ecu to work any laptop. XP or windows 7. Found out that the usb port was allowing the cable to ground out or short out on the frame. Once I fixed that it worked like a champ.
    …and how much HP do you have at 0 boost