Welcome to my NIGHTMARE please.

• Welcome to my NIGHTMARE please.

After countless hours and money, my VG30 is ready to go except for one thing. It will not start. I am getting power to my injectors, but no injector pulse. I am getting no ground to fire the injectors. I have tried THREE diffrent ecu's and I get the same result. Someone out there is smart enough to figure this out. I have even had a Nissan mechanic work on it and he has given up. Why am I getting no injector pulse?

Bad CAS? Tried replacing the distributor/crank angle sensor?

A good way to easily tell if the injectors are pulsing is to pull the distributor, plug the sensors back in, and spin it by hand with the key in the ignition (turned to 'on' position)

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

do you have fuel pressure? did you rewire the injectors?

Yes, I have almost 40 pounds of fuel pressure and I used dropping resistors (10 olms) as the ecu is high impudence and the injectors are low impudence.

check the green/orange relays behind the battery.

Checked the relays also Careless. Seem to be correct.

I might just swap out the relays anyway Careless to make sure, but using a prob light, they seem to work. Never really know.

builds monster engine. loses entire assembly to dipstick failure… I sure can identify with this.

lol that wasn't for you. i'll remove it now anyways. joke's old.

I'm having the same exact problem that your describing.

My fuel pump is pumping a solid 55 - 65 PSI right after the fuel filter (before the regulator). I checked some of the injectors that I can reach for power, and they are getting power (with ignition in ON position).

I've checked the 1, 2 and 3 pins on the ditributor for power (w/ ignition switch in ON position also), and I'm getting 11-12V for one of the pins, and 4-5V for the other two. I disconnected the coil wire from the distributor and mated it to a piece of metal under the hood, and I can see spark coming from ths coil wire when trying to start the engine.

I've pulled the spark plugs to find any other signs of possible causes, and the spark plugs looked brand new (I just replaced them). There isn't a bit of carbon deposit on them which led me to believe I wasn't getting fuel. The car ran perfectly fine (it had a little misfire sometimes) until I parked it for several weeks because I was doing some routing maintenance on it (timing, plugs, fuel filter, CHTS, etc.)

Now it doesn't want to start at all. I can barely keep it running if I quickly jab the throttle a bunch of times, but it sounds like it's running on 1 cyliner and complete crap when I do this.

I've about quadrouple checked that the timing marks by the crank, and cam gears line up as they should (with 1st cylinder at TDC).

Doesn't sound like the ecu is powering up. If it is then continuity check the ground side of the injectors to ecu.
    Hmmm, Whats next?
    Full Size Bronco, smashing shit.

84ZXT

did you spray some carb cleaner in the intake then crank it? if you have correct timing and spark the engine will ALWAYS runn doing this. if not then your problem may be timing and/or spark. just because you have spark doesn't mean the timing is correct. Those being ok would limit it to the fuel side, check fuel pressure, then make sure the injectors are triggering. if you have pressure but no injectors you have either ECU, or CAS problem. Assuming all grounds have been checked.

please verify cam pulley orientation. L3 is on drivers head, and R3 is on passenger head.
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

Showaski39;n499742 wrote: I'm having the same exact problem that your describing

Now it doesn't want to start at all. I can barely keep it running if I quickly jab the throttle a bunch of times, but it sounds like it's running on 1 cyliner and complete crap when I do this.

I've about quadrouple checked that the timing marks by the crank, and cam gears line up as they should (with 1st cylinder at TDC).
    Sounds like my EXACT problem right now lol.

So far the only thing that makes a difference with this for me is messing with the TPS. Whenever I can get out to a junkyard and find a new TPS, I'll know for sure if it's the problem or not.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    "Aim towards the Enemy." --
    Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher

86 N/A:Rebuilt Autotragic, Cat Delete, PRW-2, Poly Bushings, MSA sway bars, Pioneer HU and Speakers, Sleepy Eyes
    Current 0-60: 10.0 flat =[