Plug wires. what do you use/ recommend?

• Plug wires. what do you use/ recommend?

I am looking into buying new plug wires. I know all about the NGK and they work nice and all but I was rather disappointed considering the price thickness and all. Great for stock replacement, but i am running a Stand alone, with msd ignition components, and am looking for MSD plug wires so i can have all matching components. I am trying to decide between the 8.mm Stretfire i can get from a friend for $15 as he didn't use them and they have never been cut or crimped. or the 8.5mm msd Helicoil, or MSD 8.5mm race super conductor wires.

Anyone have experience any recommendations or problems with these wires? The long straight boot looks like they will fit on the plug fine, but anyone have problems hooking them up?

the more solid core, the more RF interference, which electronic components dont much like. NGK all the way. they work, all the time, every time. I have had intermittent issues with MSD wires....
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

Use a good brand of 8mm wires

1988 300ZX Turbo, Shiro Special #760
    1988 300ZX Turbo Automatic (wife's car)
    1991 Hard-body 2WD

http://zccw.org/zccw/?page_id=1215

taylor thundervolt 8.5mm

NGK blue wires from rock auto. pretty decent price and they work just fine.

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

I use Magnecor 8.5mm with my standalone. Never any problems.
    Shiro #443

DeleriousZ;345242 wrote: NGK blue wires from rock auto. pretty decent price and they work just fine.
    Yup, that's what I'm using. Little to no RF interference…at least that's what my radar detector says compared to my subaru where laser alert goes off a lot on acceleration.
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

The NGK are a noise suppression type core, they make the conductor act like an antenna but with sections of expanding frequency bands to cancel out broadcasting all at a given frequency

Others like accel are just start coil/core that conducts well but naturally emits emf resonance

Although I also sell them, so I am a bit biased, I have run Magnecor KV85 wires on pretty much everything I've owned for the past 8-9 years that wasn't a complete beater. I've never had a failed wire, or any other kind of issue and highly recommend them, whether you get them from me or somewhere else.
    Chicks dig me, rust fears me.

I run those on my Vette no complaints about them either. How much you sell them for? I am not a huge fan of the NGK they are awfully small, and other brands can have same/lower resistance and better insulation yadda yadda. i think NGK are popular because they are the best plug and play wires, available.

DeleriousZ;345242 wrote: NGK blue wires from rock auto. pretty decent price and they work just fine.
    ^^^That's where I got mine. Work just fine (and don't look bad either)!

1985 300ZX Turbo GLL ^Click for log^

Originally posted by nater86zx
    No such thing as hoarding Z parts. When it comes to z parts, its not hoarding its preparedness!

I went with Magnecor 10mm and can't be happier.