Will not idle without giving gas.

• Will not idle without giving gas.

I changed my fuel filter a couple months ago because of this same issue, thinking a dirty tank clogged my old filter. It worked fine for a couple months now its doing it again. The car will run and drive only if I keep it idling with gas, it spudders, accelerates pretty bad. Also depending on the way my car is parked,on a slope the car will fire up fine and drive fine for maybe a day if im lucky.

Then the next day its the same thing all over. Fuel pump goin?? Is there a method to test if the fuel pump is dying? I also unplug the neg battery cable every night because I still have not figured out the wiring for the HID headlights my car came with, for some reason with the battery left connected the lights come on randomly and will eventually kill my battery overnight.

Could disconnecting the neg battery cable all the time cause the fuel pump maybe to not be getting a good however many volts it needs? I saw somewhere on here about that fuel pump relay mod, could that possibly help me out? I dont know what else could be the problem other than the fuel pump. Thanks
    AE , FMIC, 2.5 Turbo back, BOV, MBC, 8 Pounds, Spectre 12" cone, 350Z rims The old Z31

-Get a fuel pressure gauge before you go poking around the fuel system.
    -If you have a timing light, verify consistent spark to each cylinder while cranking. If not, do it the hard way.
    -Check ECU codes
    -Replace the CHTS and harness if you haven't already since you've owned the car. Use OEM Nissan.
    -Sounds like it could be a TPS issue also. Check that the TPS is in idle position when the throttle is closed and switches off the moment the throttle is touched.
    -Rest a screwdriver on top of each injector and listen to make sure each one is ticking while cranking

More than likely your problem will be revealed or solved if you go through those things. Good luck!

Thanks alot. Ill let you know what happens. Also how would I tell if the car has had that injector recall done? if that's the problem Nissan will do it for free I think
    AE , FMIC, 2.5 Turbo back, BOV, MBC, 8 Pounds, Spectre 12" cone, 350Z rims The old Z31

1 SIK AE 408;347183 wrote: Also how would I tell if the car has had that injector recall done? if that's the problem Nissan will do it for free I think
    You call a Nissan dealership and have them look up your VIN. They probably won't do it for you though because it wasn't a mandatory recall, it was a "service campaign," and most dealerships won't honor a service campaign if they are more than 10 years old.