Z dies if driving or just idling… wont start till 5-10 min after.

• Z dies if driving or just idling… wont start till 5-10 min after.

I have an '87 z Na. The car usually starts just fine but whenever it feels like it it'll die on me whether I'm driving it or its just sitting. Then it won't start for a few minutes usually 5-10 minutes but sometimes starts right back up. I've replaced distributor cap, wires and plugs, dist. Rotor, ignition coil and upgraded to the PRW-2 ignition control module and its Stoll doing this. Sometimes I get bad bad bad gas mileage and sometimes I don't. What the f#*k is wrong with this thing? At this point I'm totally lost.
    1985 Z31 2+2
    1984 Z31 turbo R.I.P.
    1987 Z31 NA/turbo swap
    1986 Z31 turbo R.I.P.
    1988 Shiro Special R.I.P.

Check fuel pressure regulator for leaking fuel out of the vacuum line.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

Ill check that tomorrow. Just unplug the vacuum line and see if fuel come out right? I do smell gas when its hotter out and I'm driving.
    1985 Z31 2+2
    1984 Z31 turbo R.I.P.
    1987 Z31 NA/turbo swap
    1986 Z31 turbo R.I.P.
    1988 Shiro Special R.I.P.

Also check for fuel leaks on the fuel lines and injectors.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

CAS or CHTS

Same problem I had about a year ago. The Temperature sensor is available new on ebay about $17.
    Replace the temp sensor wire harness at the same time about $25.
    The temp sensor referred to as the CHTS is on the front of the left cylinder head, Pictured on the Haynes manual exploded details motor pages
    under the timing belt and cover and behind the thermostat housing. It's a pain to get to, easy to change.

Paul