Engine sputters under load and wont stay running

• Engine sputters under load and wont stay running

This just started yesterday but heres what it is doing so far. I have a 87 na with a manual trans.The car ran fine yesterday morning coming to work. When I went to leave I started the car and had no problems. As I went to take off the engine began to sputter and tried to die. I could push the clutch back in and give it just a little gas and it would smooth out a bit but was still really rough but as soon as I tried to take off again it would start to sputter and die so I had to leave it overnight at work.

I just tried to start it again and when I started it the engine started fine but the rpm's were up around 1200 and stayed there till I touched the gas pedal. As soon as I did the engine began to sputter and the rpm's dropped to around 200-300. I tried holding down the gas pedal and would get it to about 1500 rpms and it would smooth out but then the rpms would slowly drop and the engine would begin to sputter.

I shut the engine off and then restarted it within a seconds and again engine idled fine just a little rough until I went to give it gas and it started sputtering again. I can say I dont smell any gas and when it begins to sputter my sensor light does come on. As I said earlier its at my work right now so I really cant dig into it at the moment and I will have to get it towed as its a 25 mile trip back to my house. I talked to someone and they think it might be a vacuum issue but I'm not sure where to start.

Has anyone had a similar issue before?