Rx7 injectors with fuel rails

• Rx7 injectors with fuel rails

I'm setting up 84-85 rx7 680cc orange top injectors and want to see what others have done. I think I'm going to use the stock retainers that bolt into the LIM instead of the RX7 top grommets to hold the injectors down. What is your guys set up considering they have some slack vertically in them with Mike G's fuel rails. I think using the stock retainers might be bad though because I have to make up for the 1/16th to 1/8th inch of space created with the fuel rail brackets.

Run the grommets and forget the stock retainers? Run both?
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

Post is kinda confusing. pics maybe?
    Hmmm, Whats next?
    Full Size Bronco, smashing shit.

84ZXT

Are you sure they are 680cc? Axel Kain just ordered 460cc RX-7 injectors, and a google search shows them being orange topped as well.

Anyway, as far as I know, he plans to run them using 3000GT fuel rails, the same way I'm running my DSM 450cc injectors. The mount he came up with for the rails lets you accommodate various heights of injectors.
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

460's are red top. 680's are orange top. Flow tested and cleaned so I'm sure. Can you show me a link/pic of your set up?

http://z31performance.com/showthread…l=1#post317725
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

Anyway. Ill be running 3000gt rails. I have another set for sale…
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

I have fuel rails but thanks.

I didn't finish my post. Haha. Got called away, jack or I can see about posting s picture of our rail retainers. But I find it simpler to just run rail retainers that hold the injectors in.
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

Yup I need to pick up the rx7 gromets.

Theres really no reason to run injector retainers with that style of fuel rail…
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

I understand, it was to determine if the retainers could hold the injectors down rather than run $24 gromets from Mazda.

use can use neoprene/ plastic faucet repair washers between the factory mount and top of the injectors. also if you want you could us coark/rubber universal gasket material, and cut small squares with a hole in them to use factory mounts. cut the materi put between the injector and factory mounts tighten them down, trim excess material.

The rail mounts themselves need to be shortened from the looks of it. 0 need for the stock retainers with this style rail.
    Hmmm, Whats next?
    Full Size Bronco, smashing shit.

84ZXT

Here is my Mazda 680cc on my LIM without the retainers.

Fuel Injectors before cleaning and flow testing