Help with Tune

• Help with Tune

Well, I've tried everything but this tune seems to do whatever the hell it wants to. It idles at 13.0-13.6 and cruises around 14 afr. Sometimes it will cruise richer and even sit at 12:1. I have lowered the k value to even 0 and the thing won't lean out at idle to 14.7. I loaded a base map and adjusted k value and viola! 14.7 afr…soon after it re-adjusted back to 13:1. I'm going to attach my tune here on the next post once i load up the laptop, but what are some things I can check? I think its running so rich its seeping gas through the rings slightly as the oil smells a tiny bit sweet. Going to drain it out tomorrow, but I want to get this tune solid so I don't have any more issues.
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

what injectors are you running? it looks like the way you have that set up you haven't adjusted your tp scales for larger injectors and your k values look fairly stock… do you have a log file? what is your max tp load under wot? you would probably get a better response in the type 1 nistune forums.

Stock K value is around 650, 250 is about right for the 680cc's. 650 would be below 10:1 afr. TP min scales were adjusted slightly lower to allow less pulsewidth…no dice. No idea what it is under WOT but who cares at this point. If you can't get it to idle at 14.7 then i'm not sure yet. When the car warms up I have full adjustability to make it 14.7 but reaching towards operating temperature it falls down to 13.2. My idle controls will keep the car running at about 300 rpm when at full operating temp (trys to die at this RPM) and the adjustment screw won't raise idle..(probably a seperate issue). Just still not sure at this point. Put the Z away for winter yesterday anyhow.

Might as well tune the basics and get it idling over winter, do some no-load tuning as well, make sure timing seems fine and the fuel cut…

Have you adjusted the cold start enrichment. Warm start enrichment. After idle enrich? All of these "tables" need to be tweaked after changing injector size. They're just a percentage to enrichen the mixture based on engine temp..the ECU uses them depending on which start it is etc. You'll be fighting idle AFRs until warmed up forever without tweaking those.
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

Idle is the only issue. I have it set for a freezing winter day to hit 12:1 then quickly move up to 13.5 then 14 then 14.7 and then it drops back to 13s. I'll mess with it over winter after I add hpx blow thru maf

300zxturboftw;n764726 wrote: Put the Z away for winter yesterday anyhow.
    went to do this the other week, sad days when the fuse link corroded out and no juice to the 044. it's cool though, hardwired and ran about 45 sec on residual.. cranked for a few min to lube everything up and pushed her back into the garage.

Christmas break i'll be yaking the fuel system + tank to go full AN/sump

There ya go. Yeah I still have to drop the tank and throw on an fittings and 8 an line. I'll get motivated again in the spring time.

Let me know if your still having trouble.
    Originally posted by Andrew84zx
    tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
    545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

I'm not too keen on DropBox. PM me and we can talk setup/tune work? I'll be back with Nistune around easter if we could talk on the phone.

I'm going to throw on idle controls and see if I can get the thing to sit at 14.7. The cams are quite large so I think I'm screwed. Going with different injectors may give me better results too. Not sure what my final outcome will be as I'm going to throw the rest of the set up together. I would be cool with email and phone call to go over the tune If you have input.

if you hold the throttle open to keep a reasonable idle - 900-1k, what are the AFR's running at?
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

I have it set to 1100 rpm. 13.3 to 13.5. I can only make the car go richer in nistune and can't lean them out with k value or latency.

When the car warms up it goes out to 16 and 17 afr. Once warm it settles at 13.3

Time to start tweaking the maps and enrichment tables.
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -