my NA2T swap problem list. nistune basic?

• my NA2T swap problem list. nistune basic?

hey guys i recently rebuilt my engine, put 500 miles on it then installed a stock t3, walbro 255, 420 cc mercedes injectors and a CM 3" downpipe.
    right now it throws a code 22 in nistune.
    when i try to start it runs super rich, and bogs out then pegs like i am flooring the throttle till it hits 2200 is rpm, i know this is a maf symptom but dont know what to make of it.
    i am basically running a stock 86t with 420 cc injectors with supporting mods. so i tried a few different injector settings like 375 k constant and several latency settings from 79-1000.
    I am new at this and would appreciate any help. i know i dont want to tune with an error code, but at this point it doesnt even idle for me to check anything.

Do you have a wideband?
    Cha iro

enjoy building it yourself.
    if it fails, fuck it.
    at least you gave it a whirl.

Yes I have a 14point7 slc pp2. Indicates 10.17. Found out idle controls are broken and that maf signal is getting to Ecu but Ecu still reads as no maf and throws a code 12.
    I have other idle controls, I don't know what to do about the mad because I already split the loom and didn't see any broken wires.

Use a multi meter to test the maf itself, then test the wiring with it too.
    http://z31performance.com/showthread…2-2-(-now-NA2T
    My build thread (:

I always start with a stock map, adjust for injectors. then go from there, that alone will usually get me up and running reasonably.
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

Used a multimeter before based on the xenon sensors page. I have 3 working mafs. All do the same thing. I'm pretty sure it's the plug. But no way to tell. Anyone know which pin determines if rev limit is 2k?

pretty sure it does it when the incoming voltage is way out of spec, or missing.
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

So the idle controls could be causing a maf code?

I have mine removed, no maf code.
    Use xenon to troubleshoot the harness.
    One pin should be 12v key on, another should have continuity to ground key off i think
    http://z31performance.com/showthread…2-2-(-now-NA2T
    My build thread (:

Damn, I keep a spare harness, Maf's dizzy's, ECU's for such events…I can supply you with a MAF connector if you need.
    Cha iro

enjoy building it yourself.
    if it fails, fuck it.
    at least you gave it a whirl.

Friend had an m30 he totaled and I nabbed it before he junked it. Along with a new idle control valve. Will install when I get home.

ok so, nistune image was good. idle control was bad. replaced it with a good one and it all runs great. nistune must have seen that there was a problem and set rev limit to 2000.

wait, so your idle control was bad and the car started up and ran super rich? I had this same problem with nistune when i originally bought it. It ran my friends 86na perfectly, i put it in my car, loaded the 86t and wouldnt idle and ran super rich. the differences were his car was completely stock, mine was stock but with all idle/emissions devices removed. has anyone else ran into this when running nistune for the first time?
    Ride it like you stole it…
    1986 300zx NA2T - CM 3" turbo back, Pathy 3.0 Engine, Custom cold air intake, 255lph Walboro, T3 turbo, 90 shot of nitrous, 30A trans, 88t LSD, Poly everywhere, SS brakelines. 288whp 336wtq
    2001 YZF600 - Sold for Nitrous and Exhaust Upgrade…
    1993 Toyota Corolla - The invincible daily driver, off to greener pastures.
    2002 Nissan Maxima SE - New daily driver