Nistune new install issue.

• Nistune new install issue.

I own a 86 turbo with a rebuilt engine that I've had running for a little over a year. Other then a few minor issues, the car has given me no problems. The only major changes was changing to a HY35 turbo and adding a intercooler, and running about 10 psi. I installed a 87T ecu with the Nistune board and everything is fine except that the car starts running rich when it warms up, and it never did this with the OEM ecu. Currently, the engine has all the ASCO block-off plates installed, 14point7 A/F meter with narrowband output to ecu, and using idle adjustment screw on TB. When the car is cold, idle runs around 750 rpm and stays around stoic. Once it warms up, idle tends to increase to 950 and A/F mixture goes to 12.0 to 12.5. I ran the car at idle with Nistune running to see when the ecu would start enriching the mix but it stayed at stoic until I dis-connected the e-fan and let the engine temp get up to 230 degrees, at which point the ecu started to dump more fuel. I've read through the FSM real quick but other then the ecu enriching the A/F when the fuel temp gets to high, couldn't find anything else. So I was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem. The other thing is that the Nistune software shows on the top of the window the wrong part number for the ECU, the NA one instead of the turbo one. I re synced the maps as directed by the documentation but the number hasn't changed. Any ideas would be appreciated.

If it thinks it has the wrong ECU then it probably also thinks it has N/A injectors. That would explain why it's running rich, it's dumping more fuel than it thinks it is.
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

Tell us more…Did you purchase Nistune and stall it, if so was it bought for this specific ECU. I believe that's why they ask for the ECU number so the firmware is programmed accordingly. I had to have my shit reflashed because of this. Send it to AutoVaughn to get looked at if you will. Which is as simple as mailing the board with the ECU number in a self addressed package.
    Cha iro

enjoy building it yourself.
    if it fails, fuck it.
    at least you gave it a whirl.

If it thinks it has the wrong ECU then it probably also thinks it has N/A injectors. That would explain why it's running rich, it's dumping more fuel than it thinks it is.
    I thought so to, but that doesn't explain why it runs at stoic when I first start it up, unless the simulated signal from the A/F sensor is overriding the ecu fuel map until it warms up.

AutoVaughn installed the board for me so maybe they installed the wrong program. I'll give them a call and see what they say.