tps

• tps

i was informed to unhook the bad boy for timing the car correctly. did not see it in the fsm(may have been looking in the wrong section. found it was horribly corroded off the connector and in the butt connectors in plug. as far as i know its just another idle control. just about useless on a manual car. was wondering if its needed at all. id rather just delete it and never worry about corrosion there again. searching old threads as well
    good work isnt cheap and cheap work isnt good

it makes the idle settle down normally. in reality, it should be hooked up when timing the car, dont know what doofus would recommend unhooking it. a replacement can be had on Rockauto, and a few other parts sources.
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

Used on a bunch of other Nissans of the period like the Maxima, Stanza, Sentra, etc. if you happen to be in the junkyards.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

where are you in VA? I'm 70% sure i have a spare one you can have

Located in roanoke. About to hit a junkyard today forn a friend but no pre 90s nissans there. And whatup kevin. Apparently its in the fsm. I didnt see it.
    good work isnt cheap and cheap work isnt good

It's an idle switch. At idle the switch shows continuity and it cuts fuel down for a smoother fuel efficient idle.
    http://z31performance.com/showthread…2-2-(-now-NA2T
    My build thread (: