Fuel Filters: Z31 vs Z32

• Fuel Filters: Z31 vs Z32

I watched a thread develop on Facebook, and am curious as to what the forum has to say. What's the verdict on running a z32 fuel filter on our cars? I'm assuming lower MPGs is a byproduct of running a bigger filter, right?

It works so do it.
    http://z31performance.com/showthread…2-2-(-now-NA2T
    My build thread (:

The Z31 one works as well…does one work better than the other or something?

Yeah, I really don't see the benefit. If you're looking for more flow or something, look into some kind of aftermarket filter.
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

I heard the z32 filter out flows the z31 one. It is definitely larger.... flow more? Well I didn't notice a difference.
    http://z31performance.com/showthread…2-2-(-now-NA2T
    My build thread (:

Originally posted by les_joey_paul
    I heard the z32 filter out flows the z31 one. It is definitely larger.... flow more? Well I didn't notice a difference.
    Larger /= more flow. Like said, makes more sense to just do an aftermarket filter. If you're needing that much more flow, you're going to be running AN lines at that point anyway, so might as well get a filter with AN inlet and outlet.
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

perefect. Ill be swapping a z31 filter by wix in then. thanks!

I was also pushing mine to 400hp. Does anyone know what the limit is on the factory Z31 filter?

I was making about 400 to the wheels and was having no issues with fuel delivery using a factory filter.
    2007 Nissan 350Z Base: 13.476 @ 103.870 MPH

1988 Nissan 300ZX Shiro Special New Setup [email protected] MPH

I've experienced no flow difference between them with the stock fuel system. The z32 filter flow ceiling is higher. Pumps won't care but interesting to if it would reduce current draw in certain situations.

I think a lot of people here have made 400+ on stock filter. I would suggest once you go to -6 or -8 an to upgrade to an inline filter that flows better so you don't have to worry about it going forward.
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

I have one, no noticeable difference.