Felpro FAST on 84 AE. Idk what I'm in for???

• Felpro FAST on 84 AE. Idk what I'm in for???

I bought a Felpro FAST ECU last year to install on my 84 AE that has been sitting for 10 years.

Over the course past 8 months I have been going through the car replacing, cutting, splicing, soldering most sensors, gas tank, pump etc etc.

I was running 111 mph trap speeds before I neglected her. Possibly around 400 hp.

Right now I'm only running 9 psi but the car is pulling hard.

This car is old school. HKS intercooler, Turbonetics 60-1, Deltagate, Haltech AIC, MSD 6 btm etc.

We feel we can make around 500 hp with the right injectors and some dyno time.

The idea of getting the FAST was to just replace all the sensors, fuel injectors and just take it from there. Of course it is not that easy.

I am at a crossroads as to whether install the FAST or go with Nistune or something simpler since I have already replaced and fixed the factory sensors that were giving me trouble in the first place.

The plan is to run the FAST with the MSD as the trigger but I really don't know how much of the stock sensors and ECU I need to keep since they control so much on a 84 AE.

FAST basically uses GM sensors and a wide band O2 sensor.

The reason for going with FAST was that my buddy has experience installing and tuning them so I am not alone.

At this point I have more questions than answers?

Should I go with FAST of Nistune or?

Vouching for NisTune, updated it the other day and I have to say they really refined what they created.

On top of a higher familiarity in this crowd, NisTune will be able to handle fuel+ign during warm-up, cranking, deceleration, etc it's those small details that should sway you

As for finding a tuner, you should easily be able to get a safe baseline tune just putzing around the streets good enough to transport to a dyno

Thanks, I will look into it.

Gotta do some reaserch.