turbo needs to be replaced, got 1000.00 to spend what to do?

• turbo needs to be replaced, got 1000.00 to spend what to do?

My T-3 turbo has died on my 87 turbo car, wondering what I should do, can get a new one from local nissan for 1100.00, or can send it out for rebuild or go bigger with e-z install, any ideas.

I will be pulling the turbo and changing to a new stock radiator, timing belt water pump all hoses and lines,installing a stanza thottle body with ported upper intake, in the next couple of weeks, so this is the time to play with the turbo.

do you have money/going to even bother upgrading your fuel system if you get a bigger turbo? if not just get a stock rebuild from AZ Turbo & Tractor Supply.

I can't see spending the $1100 for a brand new stock turbo. A rebuild will likely last just as long and be a fraction of the cost. You can do ceramic coatings, convert it to a t3/T4, etc and then the remaining difference can be spent on further upgrades.

Or you could buy another turbo from a fellow forum member. Watch these shameless plugs right here: WHACHA!
    http://usedzparts.com/index.php?main_pa … cts_id=337
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26406
    Feedback- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19840

HX35 and one of my downpipe adaptors and feel line kits!!!!!

roastin300 wrote: HX35 and one of my downpipe adaptors and feel line kits!!!!!
    OP DO THIS^^^^^^^^^^^

roastin300 wrote: HX35 and one of my downpipe adaptors and feel line kits!!!!!
    thought you wasn't makin thems no mo'

floridaZ wrote: You can do ceramic coatings, convert it to a t3/T4, etc and then the remaining difference can be spent on further upgrades.
    Mmmm. Great idea.

Buy it here: posting.php?mode=quote&f=9&p=297259
    "produce first.talk second."

What was this thread about again? Oh yeah:
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

[quote]Mike_GruiZinga wrote:
    Originally posted by floridaZ
    You can do ceramic coatings, convert it to a t3/T4, etc and then the remaining difference can be spent on further upgrades.

Mmmm. Great idea.

Buy it here: posting.php?mode=quote&f=9&p=297259
    All that and still keeping the stock downpipe. Shame. What is with the purple and blue?
    Nissan Race Engine Machine Shop
    Dedicated to VG performance and design http://www.epracing.net

Tech@EPR wrote: What is with the purple and blue?
    I agree, there isn't near enough of it.
    1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z

Mike_GruiZinga wrote: Mmmm. Great idea.
    I already had your back, your link was right under mine. Read n00b!
    Feedback- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19840

t3 t4 downpipe flange and custom 3" exhaust (or cm exhaust) just a thought… about 400 for the complete turbo (inexpensive ebay turbo, a internal gate flange, original actuator, and a single u bend (3") should be able to get you to the cm part of the exhaust, worst case you need a few feet of 3" straight to connect to it…

pro's same or faster spool than stock, same boost level as stock so its safe, cooler charge therefore just as safe as stock (since flowing slightly more air at same boost), 3" exhaust meaning more power and quicker spool, go with someone with good feedback, and you shouldn't have a problem… these turbos are reverse enginered from the high dollar turbos so you get the same turbo without the cost of the research to get it there....

cons people say you didn't spend 4 digits on your turbo....... you have more money in your pocket to worry about what mufler your gonna put on your sexy new 3" exhaust you have to either get a turbo with a 2 inch outlet, or get a few bends to be able to pipe the new turbo in you'l want to buy an intercooler to up the boost, you'll want to spend more money than you have to build even more power....

whatever you do good luck..... and try not to get too biten by the power bug....

[quote]Careless wrote:
    Originally posted by roastin300
    HX35 and one of my downpipe adaptors and feel line kits!!!!!
    thought you wasn't makin thems no mo'
    I have materials left for 2 more adapters to be built. I am not planning on these for a very long time after this 3rd round. They dont sell as much anymore. If someone themselves organizes a group buy of 5 minimum after these last 2, I will consider it. And Im sure that will be a few years from now.

I already have a 3" custom exhaust, no cat. with magnaflow muffler,

So...... t3 t4 and the few pieces to adapt it to your exhaust.... ah megasquirt lol..... you won't be unhappy lol..... methanol injectoin (the kind that turns on from a set (adjustable) psi.. set it to 10 psi and run some boost!!!! I ran 18 psi on meth and a factory ecu injectors everything....... The methanol was a pieced together direct injected setup, but wasn't hard to make.. 6 jets one per runner..... just a thought…