VG vs. VE

• VG vs. VE

I've heard many times that the VE that came in some 3rd Gen Max SE's were basically tha VG with DOHC designed to fit a FWD application. So does anyone know if thes heads will fit our VG's to produce DOHC as the VG30DE(TT) won't. I know it's Timing chaine, but I'm asking about the headbolts and chambers lining up. If I get a good enough deal I may just try it, but we'll see if one one knows before I spend any money on it.

None have done it that I have seen. I'd say save the cash and buy a better performing engine all together if you are worried about head flow etc on the vg.
    Hmmm, Whats next?
    Full Size Bronco, smashing shit.

84ZXT

But it would be awesome would it not? I think so.

dustin87 wrote: But it would be awesome would it not? I think so.
    not really.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a mans character make him a moderator.

its a VG30DE with a timing chain, not a VG30E.

If you want its heads, there is no reason to not just run the entire engine. But at that point you're better off getting a VQ30DE out of a 95-99 maxima, there are more of them, plus all aluminum (way lighter), stronger internals, better flowing heads....
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

Oh well, ok. Point proven I guess.

If it involved sticking with a VG30 and adding better flowing heads then yes, just swapping the whole motor would be easier, but for VG33 applications it would be great. I assumed it'd be more like the VG30DE but was hopeful maybe as uncommon as those VE motors are to find that maybe it got overlooked. Thank you careless, I can always count on you for solid info.

Richard_85ZXT wrote: Thank you careless, I can always count on you for solid info.
    I'm high half the time, so you must have read half my posts.

:haha

The VG30ET exhaust manifolds will bolt up, the cross-over pipe will not clear the intake.
    The RWD VG transmissions will bolt up.
    The engine mounts bosses in the block are in the correct location for RWD applications.

Now make it work in a Z31.

A guy over on HybridZ has fitted alot of other VG parts on a VE for mockups.

1986 300ZX Turbo…sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R…new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed…daily

http://forums.maxima.org/3rd-generation … heavy.html

VE successfully transplanted in a Z32 which means it work in our cars as well.
    Cha iro

enjoy building it yourself.
    if it fails, fuck it.
    at least you gave it a whirl.

Augustus Maximus wrote: http://forums.maxima.org/3rd-generation-maxima-1989-1994/625709-ve-gets-new-home-very-pic-heavy.html

wtf…lol

I think fitting one in a Z31 might prove to be a bit easier than a Z32, being our manifolds will work....
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

[quote]michaelp wrote:
    Originally posted by Augustus Maximus
    http://forums.maxima.org/3rd-generation-maxima-1989-1994/625709-ve-gets-new-home-very-pic-heavy.html

wtf…lol

I think fitting one in a Z31 might prove to be a bit easier than a Z32, being our manifolds will work....
    I'm so tempted to swap out the VG…which is blowing blue smoke. And I have a perfectly find VE just gathering dust.
    Cha iro

if it fails, fuck it.

[quote]Augustus Maximus wrote: [quote=michaelp]
    Originally posted by Augustus Maximus:2nhjlc11
    http://forums.maxima.org/3rd-generation-maxima-1989-1994/625709-ve-gets-new-home-very-pic-heavy.html

wtf…lol

I'm so tempted to swap out the VG…the VE is my true luv and I know her so wel (have a low mileage VE30DE with EFI harness and ECU gathering dust). And yeah I got a couple o VTC rebuild kits and they they last like how long…20yrs? The trick is in the oil filter…it likes the better flow/anti drain of the Toyota OEM filters. The VG's always seem to be busting up the exhaust studs and I think I have a few busted ones on the Z's driver side I think the inter connecting flex pipe saved the passenger side from fooking up too. My first mod will be aimed at preventing the death of my exhaust manifold studs. The power crazy shite can wait.[/quote:2nhjlc11]

The VE uses the same oil filter as the VG30E I'm quite sure (dont quote me on that though). If it does, just don't use cheap oil filters. Bosch & K&N both have anti-drainback valves.

http://forums.maxima.org/3rd-generation … inued.html

We got a whole thread dedicated to the filter alternative for it. Both engines use the same filter but for some reason the VTC sounds like a sewing machine at start up with certain brands.

That's me DD man…fully restored and running like a naked virgin :twisted: . I recently added true CAI and copper tank radiator.
    Cha iro

if it fails, fuck it.