Buying lifters question

• Buying lifters question

My engine has 8.5:1 bcr pistons .20 bore balanced with eagle rods ARP head & main studs OWO heads with ferrera valves isky mega cams and morgan cam gears.

I need new lifters to finish my build. Are parts store lifters ok or should I only use nissan oem ones? or are there any alternative ones I should use or try? Give websites if you know a good place. Courtesy was $233 for 12.

Also same question about flywheels. If I just want a stock flywheel are parts store ones good I dont have the money for an aluminum one.
    The saing goes you save the best for last which is why the letter Z was chosen as the last letter of the alphabet. It is also why it was chosen to represent the best car of the 80's.

Respect the Z

chromoly flywheel from South bend clutch/DXD.
    I would buy OEM lifters. I bought some Clevite lifters and they look to be reconditioned.
    Shiro #443

the SBC flywheel would be sweet but I don't think I can spend the $400 to buy since I am having to spend money on rust repair to my frame. I don't want to turn down my current flywheel since I did that once before allready. Don't really want to buy a used stock one to turn down cause I won't know if it was turned down or not before purchase. using it with a DXD stage 4 clutch. and 88NA 5 speed.
    The saing goes you save the best for last which is why the letter Z was chosen as the last letter of the alphabet. It is also why it was chosen to represent the best car of the 80's.

Respect the Z

http://www.mizpahprecision.com/pricing.htm

Used them in my 200+WHP NA build with not problems
    …and how much HP do you have at 0 boost

wow thats a huge cost savings. is their any downside to using these rebuilt lifters vs new oem ones? the car will be red lining around 7.5-8k rpm with the cam and engine balancing that was done.

Respect the Z

As long as the lifters haven't been damaged or resurfaced before, they should work fine.
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

300zxturboftw wrote: As long as the lifters haven't been damaged or resurfaced before, they should work fine.
    Resurfacing the lifter is fine as long as you keep the convex shape on the bottom of the lifter. The side that rides on the cam lobe.
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20… underway for summertime daily driver.

[quote]SATAN wrote:
    Originally posted by 300zxturboftw
    As long as the lifters haven't been damaged or resurfaced before, they should work fine.
    Resurfacing the lifter is fine as long as you keep the convex shape on the bottom of the lifter. The side that rides on the cam lobe.
    Yea, maybe I was unclear. I meant if they were resurfaced previously. Could have too much wear to be unusable if you try to re-surface them again.
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

I have used them a bunch of times with good results. Well worth the money but plan on shipping yours as they might not have litters in stock.