Who else has a Comp Turbo Billet, Triplex Bearing?

• Who else has a Comp Turbo Billet, Triplex Bearing?

I picked one up for my BMW and wondering who else has one?

mine is a T3 exhaust turbine in .63 with 3" Vband, Triplex bearing, oil-less and Billet.

It is a CT4-6265 http://www.e46turbo330ci.com/?page_id=37

Gone - 1988 Shiro
    2004 BMW 330Ci
    2005 BMW 330i
    1991 Twin Turbo Z's (Red and Black)
    http://www.E46Turbo330Ci.com

looks bad ass. Does it use any oil at all?
    How much does it cost?
    Shiro #443

Rick88ss wrote: looks bad ass. Does it use any oil at all?
    How much does it cost?
    no oil, just water to cool the bearings

http://www.compturbo.com/products/ct4billet/ct4_6265

If I remember, Grr (who stops in but doesn't post anymore) was super big on Comp Turbo. You might be able to PM him and ask for some advice, as I believe he has had direct experience.
    In fact, talking to him made me decide to consider getting one when I get the time and money to build my car.
    Chicks dig me, rust fears me.

Rick88ss wrote: looks bad ass. Does it use any oil at all?
    How much does it cost?
    No oil but a high temp lubricant. It is liquid cooled (coolant).

This turbo would cost around $1800.

Joe D. (Comp Turbo) has a nice variety from $800 turbo on up to insane ones.

I might switch the SRT-4 Turbo to a billet/ triplex bearing unit. currently it has a ported/coated T04Z
    Gone - 1988 Shiro
    2004 BMW 330Ci
    2005 BMW 330i

I believe Roastin300 runs a comp triple bearing turbo. It isn't oil less though. His is a 6262.

I love the idea of the oil less turbo's though. You can mount them in any position. Something like 60-80k miles of use before rebuild is required. Definitely impressive!
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20… underway for summertime daily driver.

Indeed Jon. I run a 6262 triple ball bearing that is oil and watercooled, and has the standard compressor wheel, not billet. It has been very reliable and it is a decent turbo....I am not impressed with the power, but I have to remember its only a 6262 which is not big and I am still on a stock longblock so........ Otherwise the thing has ZERO shaft play, spins for like 30 seconds after shutting the car off and is taking a serious beating. I want to go remote turbo on my 5.3L LSx S13 build, and am highly considering the oil less setup. Please report back how the oil less turbo is performing. So you HAVE to run waterlines with the oil-less setup? Not sure if running water lines or oil lines to a remote turbo would be easier....lame. I was thinking it had NO lines to the center section.

on the remote setup you could do a tank of water in the rear, like a 2 gallon with a small pump and a lil heat exchanger. would save you from running massive lines and would give the turbo its own cooling system

Weren't the people that were doing the rear mount setups claiming that the turbo ran up to 500 degrees cooler?? Might negate the need for cooling at all.

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
    1990 jetta vr6'd

Good to see people willing to experiment, long as they tell when there is a fail For a VG the GTX30R looks like it would blitz everything else up to say 450whp, I personally would not look at anything else without seriously considering the Garrett first.

260DET wrote: Good to see people willing to experiment, long as they tell when there is a fail For a VG the GTX30R looks like it would blitz everything else up to say 450whp, I personally would not look at anything else without seriously considering the Garrett first.
    I already know people who have been running these turbos and no issues. The oil-less also uses a high temp lubricant that is used in Aeronautics. This Turbo I have shouldn't need service for like 80k miles or more for a daily driven car and this is being oil-less. Joe does recommend a re-grease every year if race use, i think it goes for $100.
    Gone - 1988 Shiro
    2004 BMW 330Ci
    2005 BMW 330i

[quote]NIVO wrote:
    Originally posted by 260DET
    Good to see people willing to experiment, long as they tell when there is a fail For a VG the GTX30R looks like it would blitz everything else up to say 450whp, I personally would not look at anything else without seriously considering the Garrett first.
    I already know people who have been running these turbos and no issues. The oil-less also uses a high temp lubricant that is used in Aeronautics. This Turbo I have shouldn't need service for like 80k miles or more for a daily driven car and this is being oil-less. Joe does recommend a re-grease every year if race use, i think it goes for $100.
    is it a packet that gets injected using a zerk fitting? or do you have to disassemble the unit and press out the cartridge and regrease?

Sounds very promising, just a bit hard to come to terms with for conservative me. No external lube source to fail which is a plus, simplicity has a quality all of it's own.

Vortech is now using an internal oil reservoir in their blowers (which spin 52,000-65,000 RPM) and Procharger has always used internal lubrication. I wouldn't be to worried about it.

Are the internally lubricated turbos water cooled or no?
    The bullshit stops, when the GREEN light drops.

Only babies cry about the bottle.

ZFast88Z wrote: Vortech is now using an internal oil reservoir in their blowers (which spin 52,000-65,000 RPM) and Procharger has always used internal lubrication. I wouldn't be to worried about it.

Are the internally lubricated turbos water cooled or no?
    Yes watercooled
    Gone - 1988 Shiro
    2004 BMW 330Ci
    2005 BMW 330i