turbo gaskets

• turbo gaskets

I'm looking at a stainless crush gasket from treadstone.

Is the crush gasket a better setup or should i be looking for regular gasket material?
    88T.... needs assembly

What are you sealing? I'm pretty sure If you are sealing cast iron to cast iron, no gasket is needed. If you are sealing steel to cast iron, then any turbo gasket should work. I prefer the steel crush gaskets.
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20… underway for summertime daily driver.

I had no effing clue you could do cast iron to cast iron with no gasket.
    88T.... needs assembly

I would use one, the factory used one so why would you not?
    Hmmm, Whats next?
    Full Size Bronco, smashing shit.

84ZXT

if you seal cast iron to cast iron with no gasket, you have to have both the turbo and the manifold milled flat.

but i use a stainless crush gasket anyways.

i think i ordered this one

http://www.frsport.com/FRS-Stainless-St … _9940.html

it's a divided gasket too.

shromy wrote: I would use one, the factory used one so why would you not?
    I agree with this. The cast iron to cast iron is just something I read a while ago. Never tried to apply it though.
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20… underway for summertime daily driver.

[quote]SATAN wrote:
    Originally posted by shromy
    I agree with this. The cast iron to cast iron is just something I read a while ago. Never tried to apply it though.
    It definitely works. Ritter said that's what he did the last time, so I told my friend to have his scooby turbo and turbine housing milled because he couldn't get a gasket in time for the weekend. It hasn't leaked for a year now.

[quote]Careless wrote: [quote=SATAN]
    Originally posted by shromy

It definitely works. Ritter said that's what he did the last time, so I told my friend to have his scooby turbo and turbine housing milled because he couldn't get a gasket in time for the weekend. It hasn't leaked for a year now.
    A milled surface is different than a 20yo one and a new one. Yes it does work, just look at the stock elbow to exh housing section. No gasket there. But the gasket is what 5 bux maybe, alot cheaper than milling unless you have a buddy.
    Hmmm, Whats next?
    Full Size Bronco, smashing shit.

84ZXT

Thanks for the input, been leaning towards crush anyway. Though I'm going to have to keep that cast iron thing in mind in case I ever need it.
    88T.... needs assembly