Built 3.4 Turbo Advice

Well I was under the impression that the z32 metered up to 500hp worth of AIR when used with gasoline… mike is arguing it's good up to 600-700hp?

You just can't admit when you're wrong, can you? lol

I can't find the link either, but about 5 years ago I found a car running 660whp on pump gas with an unopened VG30DETT and the stock, single, MAF.

Its also worth noting that redZ31.com stuff was mostly written when many people still thought boosting a NA was a bad idea…the R33 site says "should", which means "I don't know, so I'm going to guesS", and frsport says "Supports MORE than 450hp" - unless you don't know what the word More meanss

And 700whp requires the same amount of air if running Gasoline or E85…E85 just requires 30% more fuel - therefor the MAF meters the same amount of air both both regardless.
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

I didn't say I wasn't wrong, I leave that possibility open, I just said the whole internet appears to be wrong… but you aren't calling them stupid

Eh, didn't mean to stir up any trouble. I did some more searching on the forum and Streetfighter's posts in particular swayed me on going with the T67. I'll let you know in a couple months how it turns out.

^the best info is the compressor maps, and even better when someone is running a turbo you're considering, what they're dyno map shows! that way you can figure out how your part throttle/drivability will be off peak.
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic