Remote Oil Filter Adapter

• Remote Oil Filter Adapter

When swapping in my VG33 in my S30, I won't have room for any of the 3.3L oil filter adapters. So I'm going to run a remote oil filter. I need the adapter plate that goes to the oil filter (also, what size do I get? I want something large but common). I just need the filter adapter, not the block one. All the standalone ones I see are for the block.

I see cheap, ugly Hayden complete kits for $50, but it's going to look whack with my push-lok AN lines. And on the other end I don't really want to pay $200 for a nice kit when I'm only using 1/3 of it. So, who sells nice billet oil filter adapters?
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

I see one affordable kit on eBay. This is acceptable, I suppose.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLUE-ALUMINU…1df9c8&vxp=mtr

Anything else out there?
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

I had one of those^ They work fine just DO NOT run your oil feed line for the turbo from there. Those ports on the side do not go through the filter first.
    "If your car cant do a burnout from a 60mph rolling start, then your engine needs more work."

"Nitrous doesn't blow up motors; Idiots with nitrous blow up motors."

Shooting for 500whp

Hrm.... I do need a place for my oil feed.
    BLOZ UP.com

The factory oil feed hole for the turbo can't be filtered either being that far away ?

Originally posted by G-E
    The factory oil feed hole for the turbo can't be filtered either being that far away ?
    Eh? Its out of one of the block oil passages, post filter.
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

Not sure what you'd use the extra holes for. Oil cooler… if you didn't run it in-line with the filter maybe.
    Feedback- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19840

I wouldn't have a problem running an oil feed off a pre-filter port. The oil in the car is essentially a closed system, it is being filtered anyway and that oil is constantly being recirculated. Of course there could be some particulate that arises between point A and point B but whatever.

Originally posted by Gregmatic
    I wouldn't have a problem running an oil feed off a pre-filter port. The oil in the car is essentially a closed system, it is being filtered anyway and that oil is constantly being recirculated. Of course there could be some particulate that arises between point A and point B but whatever.
    I would highly recommend against this. Imagine a bearing goes. Goodbye turbo.
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

I picked up a Circuit Sports one. AFAICT, it's the same as the chinese knock-offs. Or rather, the knock-offs are the same as it. Comes with some -10 AN lines though. So, I'm tapping the side of the 3.3L oil pump for these lines. Is NPT the way to go? I'm going to have to bore it out a bit to fit a 3/8" NPT to -10AN fitting. If there's another option to get to -10 AN, let me know now before I get ahold of a drill.
    BLOZ UP.com

Originally posted by BLOZ UP
    I picked up a Circuit Sports one. AFAICT, it's the same as the chinese knock-offs. Or rather, the knock-offs are the same as it. Comes with some -10 AN lines though. So, I'm tapping the side of the 3.3L oil pump for these lines. Is NPT the way to go? I'm going to have to bore it out a bit to fit a 3/8" NPT to -10AN fitting. If there's another option to get to -10 AN, let me know now before I get ahold of a drill.
    What's the current fitting bore on the 3.3 oil pumps? 1/8? I would just do what you are doing. 3/8 npt to 10 an is pretty common.
    Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

12mm hole right now. Looks like it can be drilled out the radius 1.5mm with plenty to spare. I think. My 1/4" tap fits fine, but 1/4" NPT fittings narrow it down quite a bit to nearly half the diameter. Similarly, I can only find a -8 AN adapter for 1/4" NPT.
    BLOZ UP.com

Looks like I'll be getting a new oil pump since the current one has stripped screws now. The adapter came in, looks real nice. Some of the ports could be smoothed out and there are metal shavings that need to be removed though.
    BLOZ UP.com

I got a modified, factory oil filter ped. with the lines ran into something like that kit you just bought. If you would like to see pictures LMK.
    89' Turbo-R.I.P. (scrapped)
    87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X
    07 Frontier XE <----(turd) daily

Originally posted by BLOZ UP
    12mm hole right now. Looks like it can be drilled out the radius 1.5mm with plenty to spare. I think. My 1/4" tap fits fine, but 1/4" NPT fittings narrow it down quite a bit to nearly half the diameter. Similarly, I can only find a -8 AN adapter for 1/4" NPT.
    Completely forgot about weld on AN bungs. I'm going to see what my local race shop has or order online. I'd much rather do that than have to drill and use a NPT->AN adapter.
    BLOZ UP.com