Rocker arm

• Rocker arm

I had been looking ,but I haven't found anything yet ,so I am going to ask.By the way this is my first post .I am new on the 300 community.I had own few 350z and now a G37 all modified. I wonder if they are rocker arm with roller bearings for this engine?

Sort of… there is no roller lifter which is where most friction is, and they still use a bronze bushing on the rocker shaft, so I doubt it's worth the expense, close to $1500

Tell us your goals with the car and we can tell you how to reach it, the vg is an oddball in the market, the same stuff you think works doesn't, and things that should be available aren't

Well i am looking to my options .Good power ,very good power and daily drive.The car is in the garage and I dont want to do anything until I am completely sure of what I want.Stay with this engine "my main plan" or swap it with something more easy to modified.

Would 400hp boosted work for you? Keeping in mind you'll have a 600lb savings over the g37 if not more…

Staying non-turbo will be very difficult to get past 250hp, the engine just isn't designed that way.

Sooo simple formula: a good condition vg33 from a junkyard quest/villager, swap all the factory z31 turbo stuff on it, maybe port the heads, throw in some reground cams, upgrade the turbo; then for engine management the most economical is getting nistune installed in your ecu, reprogrammed for larger injectors, and properly dyno tuned…

So a simplistic price list:
    - nistune $400ish
    - turbo $250-800
    - injectors $200-500
    - vg33 $100-250
    - turbo swap parts if you don't already have $200-400
    - reground cams $200ish
    - full 3" exhaust $400-800
    - tuning $???

Of course I'm a driving guy, more than a speed nut, so for me it's all about the suspension, that's what makes a car really fun for me

Thanks G-E .All that sound great.So you recomend goiing with the 3.3 ? 400 with stock internal? And suspension is together with power.Like I heard some where you can only go as fast as you can breake or handle or something like that.But trully I would like 500 to the wheels if is posible.Again thanks for responding.

Originally posted by joselito76
    Thanks G-E .All that sound great.So you recomend goiing with the 3.3 ? 400 with stock internal? And suspension is together with power.Like I heard some where you can only go as fast as you can breake or handle or something like that.But trully I would like 500 to the wheels if is posible.Again thanks for responding.
    Me thinks you have a lot of reading to do before you keep going with the questions.

I would advise starting here, read all of it: http://www.redz31.net/
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

I am pretty sure I do. A lot to learn . I just started, and thanks for the replies.

I tell you what. After15 minutes of readings I have a smile from ear to ear .First there is a lot of potential on this engine .Second I had never seeing a write up like this not on the VQ community or even on the Subaru community .I am going to be so happy with this car.

Before you get it on the road, an S-chassis rear suspension swap would be a good idea. IMO, the semi-trailing rear suspension, and it's lack of adjustment, is the biggest weak point of the whole car. It's not hard or really even that expensive to make power with these cars, just as long as you can read and don't mind a little fab work.
    Feedback- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19840

Floridaz. I don't mind at all, that make the car more interesting. As I can tell. I do have a lot to learn. Just like I did with my other cars. And again Thanks for the feedback guys.

When you get serious, and set aside a serious budget, I have a BBK, rollcenter adjusters, subframe swap kit and many more lovely race tested things for the driving side of things

Noted

"Race tested"
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic