Experience/Recommendations for Electronic Ignition conversion

• Experience/Recommendations for Electronic Ignition conversion

I am looking into the possibility of converting to electronic ignition and looking for advice /recommendations of kits.
    Not trying to build a world beater, just want to get to meets reliably and efficiently. '86 na mostly stock just exhaust(MSA headers,2.5"stainless pretty much unrestricted and A/T(level 10) upgrades.

To clarify, I know it has electronic ignition, I want to eliminate the rotor or possibly the distributor totally.

The reason behind this is as the vehicle ages I want some options other than junkyards and somebody's basement hoard of Z parts for future reference, and if I can go Hi-tech so much the better.

Thanks

The car already has electronic ignition. Congratulations, you've finished your project. Theres no reason to get rid of the cap and rotor. Nissan made 1000hp and revved to 9000rpm using that very same cap and rotor. Many people have made 500+whp using the cap and rotor. Just upgrade the coil after you reach 400whp or so…if you aren't there yet, don't worry about it.

Things to do: RSB-07 CAS and PRW-2 PTU. No reason to go any further.

Regardless, if you still insist, you'll need a stand alone ECU.

As for aging, the parts will always be available for the life of all Z31s, can almost guarantee that. Think of the VG as the SBC of Nissan. It was used in anything and everything, from 1984-2004.
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

There is no point in changing and reinventing the wheel. There are a couple of turbo guys here that went with a new crank sensor and ran DIS on their ride. I forgot who it was though, but their goal was completely different.

Stock, no turbo, no point. Go mega squirt or nistune if you want something updated.
    My Build Thread

"Point" taken. Thanks for the education.