Fuel sysem - AN discussion

• Fuel sysem - AN discussion

Originally posted by 88sinZ
    You going to hit Ztoberfest this year?
    The better question is, are you going? There were only 2 Z31s last year, and mine was one of them.
    Prius… because Pretentious wouldn't fit across the back of the car…

Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two

My 1986 Turbo Build

Originally posted by Axel kain
    I just pulled a pair of OWO heads just a few weeks ago
    uhh, work those instead?

Originally posted by jaqattack02
    The better question is, are you going? There were only 2 Z31s last year, and mine was one of them.

If i can limp it down there i just might!

still have a solid "to-do" list except im usually 150mi away from the garage :/

let me know if you need a hand, or parts…
    Damn dirty angels....these cars!

Current Daily Driver - 86 Turbo.
    Under the cover - THE BANANA… that needs to be re-energized.
    sigpic

namely a 87+ 2+0 71C driveshaft, AN fuel system parts (all willing to buy) I'll be yanking the fuel tank to sump it after i wrench over easter.

I'll let you know if i ever need a hand. When i come into town i always BBQ, drink, fish, and bonfire!

haha I just built ZCarGo's fuel system, AN from the hard line to the hard line.

sigpic

Originally posted by 88sinZ
    When i come into town i always BBQ, drink, fish, and bonfire!
    Sounds like you need to come to town!

Originally posted by Axel kain
    haha I just built ZCarGo's fuel system, AN from the hard line to the hard line.
    Originally posted by z car go
    Sounds like you need to come to town!
    Do you have the 37° flaring tools? Could you to elaborate what size you went with? fuel pump in tank? etc, PM if you like

I think cost considering I would fit the feed side with AN fittings/line and route the return in standard high pressure line. Were you able to retain the OEM fuel rails? I'm running the MB '036' now and would like to avoid changing injectors, possibly cutting and flaring the OEM rails, though fitting it with my intake may be an issue.

not yet. I took from the stock hard line, to -6AN, and ran a short SS hose up to a filter, then 90* to SS over to the Palnet passenger side rail. made a loop from one rail to the other at the rear, then comes off the front of the drivers side down to the upper cross bar where the Aeromotive FPR is located. I have a 45* into that. then a 45* out the bottom to a SS hose along the frame rail to the stock return hard line. we will see how it does with this setup, the Walbro 255, and RX-7 560cc's once it's on the dyno.

sigpic

Solid. -6 would be a good choice, as is what i planned. besides the little details, i plan to experiment with flaring the OEM hardlines and fuel rails to 37° and hope they don't pose a fire hazard - as most of the car has done thus far.

Currently running Bosch 044, MB '036 injectors, A-1000 FPR @ 60psi + plenum vac routing, which will also receive AN treatment. Will need to add a decent AN fuel filter. From there the low pressure side should be fine with standard high pressure FI line and clamps.

Ive been meaning to get some AN tools and clamps etc, so might be able to help you out in the future…

sigpic

Word. I've got some at the hanger for aircraft work, but the boss isn't about to let me borrow a $$$$$ piece of equipment to hard line a antique Nissan.

PM